• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to edit the properties for all text captions at once in Adobe Captivate ?

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2015 May 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making video guides for my business and I have noticed that on all the videos I have made the text boxes I have set up only appear for  a few seconds - I have found instructions for how to change these settings however I was wondering if there is a way to update the properties for all the text boxes in a project at once? I have 10 projects to update and lots of text boxes in each so it would be quite time consuming to change each one individually, so just looking to see if there is any workaround? I have already created the captions so cannot set all the properties to apply to all items, as this will only apply to new items. Any help to make this a bit quicker, or to suggest the quickest way for me to do this would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want to change the timing on each? Not sure about that. I know you change change just about everything else through the Object Style Manager but timing isn't one of the items you can change, unfortunately.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should you need to set duration for each text caption to same amount? Do

they all use same style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes all the captions are the same style, they are just only on screen for a few seconds and with longer pieces of text I want to try and make that last longer so our users might actually be able to read it! Do you think there is a way to apply a time to all the text captions at once, like a default time for it to last on screen? I can see you can set this individually in the pop up box settings but not sure about a default, that is all. If there isn't a way then I'll just need to get cracking with it, just looks like that'll take a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2015 May 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change default duration of each object before you create them. You

can have duration of text captions calculated based on the text length. My

personal choice for the use case that you describe is to add an interactive

object that pauses the slide, offering the user control over the time he

needs for reading. That could be a Next shape button that you put on the

Master slide used and will pause at end of each slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that does sound like a great option! do you know if this is restricted to specific file types when exporting? We are having to use f4v format as it is going to be used on a couple different OS so just want to make sure that'll work before I set about this. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F4V is a flash video format, will certainly not function on iOS. And direct

export is not possible to f4v. Video means no interactivity, is that what

you want? No interactive objects, no pausing, no control for user except

usual video control panel. If you publish to HTML, interactivity will be

preserved. Same for publishing to SWF. For video choose publish to MP4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, will consider these options and see what suits best. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i comment without login?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shambu, you seem to have logged in, because your avatar with the Staff badge appears. Maybe the rules are different for staff members?

Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources