• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I actually buy Adobe Audition?!?

New Here ,
May 23, 2015 May 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After successfully trialling Audition, when I click on [Buy] in Creative Cloud (on my Mac Desktop), it takes me to Adobe Presenter purchase page... WTF?!?

And on the Audition product pages, there's nowhere to BUY the software. What gives!?

I've never had this much difficulty spending money with another software supplier.

Just might be the trigger for me to go spend my money elsewhere.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition CC (the latest version) can only be "bought" by subscription; i.e., you cannot buy it out right but must pay a given amount each month to continue to use it.

The last version which you CAN buy out right is CS6.  If you search this forum there are a number of posts which give a link to the purchase page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Creative Cloud membership option, go to Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud   Click on "Single App" then select Audition from the drop down menu.  (Or go for the whole package if that suits you).  If you don't already have an Adobe ID (you probably got one to do the trial) you'll have to create one.

For the outright purchase of CS6, try Creative Suite 6

(I hope the links work...Adobe get very creative about sensing your country--in my case Australia--so they may be wrong for you.)

If you tried the CC version, I suggest you re-try with CS6 before buying it...quite a few neat features weren't there for the CS6 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

link doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which link?  There are at least two in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about the CS6 link, then it doesn't, as I don't think it's possible (well certainly not easily) to purchase it any more. To be absolutely sure though, you'd have to contact Adobe by phone directly, and probably make a bit of a fuss. They certainly aren't making it easy, if it's possible at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stopped selling CS6 on Jan 9, 2017

Creative Cloud now includes Creative Suite Master Collection and Design Premium features

(scroll down to grey box at the bottom of the page).

The only way to get CS6 now is old stock - if any exists any more - via 3rd party vendors like Amazon.

Even if you do find any, and manage to get it installed (workarounds are required on current Macs running Sierra or later) there will be no further bugfixes or security updates. If you hit any issues in using it, you're either on your own or posting to the Adobe user forums hoping someone has a good suggestion to help you fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnupC wrote:

I've never had this much difficulty spending money with another software supplier.

Just might be the trigger for me to go spend my money elsewhere.

Yes, it's a pretty dreadful idea, and what's not so good is that it seems to be catching on - Microsoft are doing it as well with some products. If you look back through forum posts about this, you'll find that it's all driven by the Adobe legal dept and bean counters successfully driving a coach and horses through the Sarbanes-Oxley legislation. As usual in these situations, it's the punters who inevitably come of worst; you are tied into paying for ever if you want to continue to have access to your projects in Audition's proprietary format (as session files).

So far, all attempts to mitigate this have failed. It's not the developers fault; I don't think that they like this aspect of it any more than we do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not like the subscription software model.  So far I've paid almost $300 for this software in subscription fees (over two years) and that's on top of the costs incurred over the years to upgrade from CEP -> AA 1, 2, 3, CS5, CS6.   The introductory price of $9.99 seemed reasonable but the $19.99 per month is a bit much for this software.  The subscription model is playing into people thinking it's only $XX.XX per month, not thinking that adds up over 12 months and what value are we receiving in features?  There have been only two updates to the product and none of the updates included feature I requested or use.

July I can get out of this annual contract I have my reminder set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the responses guys. I do understand the subscription based model, I'm paying for Creative Cloud; Photoshop & Lightroom currently.

What gets me is Adobe making it so very difficult for anyone to purchase additional Apps (whether subscription based or standalone)... The product pages just have [Trial], but no [BUY] button anywhere. Why make it so bloody difficult for people to buy stuff?! That said, thanks for the Creative Cloud URL Bob... seems to be the ticket. Why Adobe can't include that link on every product page is really beyond me.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I certainly agree.  As another Adobe user I have to visit their site from time to time and still often have trouble finding what I need.   It can get very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to add my two cents. For many years I used an older version of Adobe Audition. 6 months ago I decided that I was at the point of my career that I constantly need new updates and new versions of the software I use. I also had old versions of Photoshop, Premiere, and After Effects. When I did some research and found out that these programs can no only be bought via subscription I was upset. Until I did the math and thought about it. I only pay 600 a year (50 a month) for every single program that Adobe offers. Including mobile apps for phones and tablets. I get constant updates. The newer versions of all the software I use are leagues better than the versions I was using. I would suggest anybody that uses Adobe products to pay the 50 bucks a month to get all of their software. It's worth it. Now I use Illustrator too. As well as a few other programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

teqnikg  wrote

I would suggest anybody that uses Adobe products to pay the 50 bucks a month to get all of their software. It's worth it. Now I use Illustrator too. As well as a few other programs.

There's never been any doubt that if you use multiple products, this is a pretty good deal. The sting though is that the individual product subscription most certainly isn't...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 50 US dollars.  The US ain't the only country in the world so it can be a lot more than that when converting that amount.  Would you say the same thing if you had to pay about 850$ a year?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Audition: $240 per year.

Every year.

If Adobe was trying to confront software piracy with this idiotic scheme, it in fact risks doing the exact reverse. Practically ransomware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition is the only app left in this "suite" that's worth paying for.  But Adobe's not selling.

So screw 'em.  I'll pay $300 for a Pro Tools license before I'll give Adobe 10 more cents for their junk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well if it's worth paying for, then you are in exactly the same position as you are with PT - $300/yr for a non-perpetual licence. Your argument only makes any sort of sense if you purchase a perpetual licence for PT - and that costs $600.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines