8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2007 4:00 PM by dimival

Data-management-config.xml issue

dimival Level 1
      My question is if i can have multiple data-management-config.xml files? for a better administration i am separating it into multiple files but when trying to access a destination it fails so i assume this is not possible, is that right?
        • 1. Data-management-config.xml issue
          phi2265 Level 1
          I don't think you can have multiple data-management-config.xml files, mainly because the file is called by that name, and if it had any other name.. it wouldn't be called.

If you want to add another database try adding another destination in the data-management-config.xml file. I need to do this soon, but I haven't reached that step in my development yet. However, I'd assume it would work fine.
          • 2. Re: Data-management-config.xml issue
            dimival Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: phi2265
            I don't think you can have multiple data-management-config.xml files, mainly because the file is called by that name, and if it had any other name.. it wouldn't be called.

I don't think that what you said is right, you can name the data-management-config.xml anything you want, you just make sure that you modifiy it too in services-config.xml.

So anyone else knows if it possible?
            • 3. Re: Data-management-config.xml issue
              phi2265 Level 1
              You're right, I didn't think about that.

So you're saying that if you add:
              <services-include file-path="data-management-config2.xml" />
              in <services> at the top and
              <watch-file>{context.root}/WEB-INF/flex/data-management-config2.xml</watch-file>
              in <redeploy> at the bottom... it won't work?

Also, what are you trying to do? Add another database?

Sorry for the mistake..
              • 4. Re: Data-management-config.xml issue
                dimival Level 1
                I am saying that i want this:

data-management-config-1.xml
                data-management-config-2.xml
                data-management-config-3.xml

Three separate files, for better administration, but that will work as if they were one.

I try adding all of them in the services-config.xml but it failed, it only loads one

• 5. Re: Data-management-config.xml issue
                  phi2265 Level 1
                  You're right, I didn't think about that.

So you're saying that if you add:
                  <services-include file-path="data-management-config2.xml" />
                  in <services> at the top and
                  <watch-file>{context.root}/WEB-INF/flex/data-management-config2.xml</watch-file>
                  in <redeploy> at the bottom... it won't work?

Also, what are you trying to do? Add another database?

Sorry for the mistake..
                  • 6. Re: Data-management-config.xml issue
                    dimival Level 1
                    You posted the same thing.........

No i am not adding another database, i am just trying to separate the destinations in different files, so it is easier to manage, like give maintenance. I can have them all in one file but that file is too long then, so it will be nice being able to divide it into multiple files, but it doesn't work, it only loads one file
                    • 7. Re: Data-management-config.xml issue
                      phi2265 Level 1
                      sorry, i dont know how that happened.. i didnt even post anything.

i'm not sure what your answer is..
                      • 8. Data-management-config.xml issue
                        dimival Level 1
                        Ok imagine i have 30 destinations in one data-management-config.xml, that's a lot of destinations, so when i want to modify something in that file i need to look all over it to find what i want, so instead of that it would be nice to being able to have 3 data-management-config.xml files, with 10 destinations on each, that way it would be easier to manage and update them.

This is requirement of the QA department, they don't want to review a gigantic data-management-config.xml, they would prefer to manage 3 or 4 files instead of one.

So the question is: IS this possible? or do i necessarily need to use one and just one data-management-config.xml?