5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2016 3:39 AM by isaguclu

Why is Fireworks CS6 (CC) running so slow?

JeffreyDBrown Level 1

I have a complete subscription to Creative Cloud. I've been using Fireworks for 10 years. I'm still using it. Within the last 6 months, the application has slowed WAY down and even on simple things like selecting text or object it waits, often goes to "not responding" for a moment and then selects. The whole program runs like this. Not the same with the other apps. Nothing significant has changed on my system during the last year. Machine is only a year old, running Win 7. At first it ran quite well.

Any clues? Would sure be great if Adobe would speak up on this... there's nothing. There's not even a Fireworks forum anymore... And it doesn't look like you can get phone or email support.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Why is Fireworks CS6 (CC) running so slow?
          Atul_Saini Adobe Employee

Moving the discussion to Fireworks

• 2. Re: Why is Fireworks CS6 (CC) running so slow?
            Herbert2001 Level 4

JeffreyDBrown wrote:

Any clues? Would sure be great if Adobe would speak up on this... there's nothing. There's not even a Fireworks forum anymore... And it doesn't look like you can get phone or email support.

Thanks!

Adobe will not respond to any questions or issues surrounding Fireworks, because its development was halted two years ago, and support ended a couple of months later.

It could very well be that updates to Windows 7 are interfering with Fireworks in some way. Who knows? Fact is that we can expect FW to run into compatibility issues sooner or later, and Adobe is not going to do anything about it, since the product is dead in the water.

A shame, indeed.

In the meantime: have you tried re-installing Fireworks? Are you using styles, symbols, pages and states? This will also break and slow down FW. Fireworks is, unfortunately, a bug-ridden application, with no hope of seeing fixes. :-(

• 3. Re: Why is Fireworks CS6 (CC) running so slow?
              JeffreyDBrown Level 1

That's an embarrassment for Adobe. And it seems dishonest. At least on this product. Why don't they just be straight forward and add some closure one way or another. Seems like a strategy of attrition hoping that eventually most will migrate to PS... Unfortunately it's another learning curve for me especially trying to figure out how to do the things I've done in FW for 10 years. At least they to create a migration path in terms showing comparable ways to do things in PS that were done in FW.

Adobe... Speak!!! I like you a lot... but on this... you suck! C'mon.

• 4. Re: Why is Fireworks CS6 (CC) running so slow?
                Herbert2001 Level 4

Change can be tough - especially when we are accustomed to a certain workflow. I agree with you that it is strange that Adobe continues to sell Fireworks, when they no longer support or develop the application - that is unethical, in my opinion.

Photoshop is not that bad anymore for web work, although still far from ideal. Missing multiple page support is just plain silly.

• 5. Re: Why is Fireworks CS6 (CC) running so slow?
                  isaguclu

I have same problem.

Cant find any solution for it.

Photoshop soggy for web design and i dont want use PS.

Adobe, please support FW again.