1 Reply Latest reply on May 23, 2015 6:14 PM by A.T. Romano

How to fix Add Media Failure = The importer reported a generic error.

denisemanole

I am using Adobe Premiere 12 and whenever i try to add video footage I get this error. I am using footage filmed from a fujifilm XP 60. The footage is .MOV and is FullHD 1080i at 60 fps. I just downloaded the new QuickTime so i know that is not the problem.

• 1. Re: How to fix Add Media Failure = The importer reported a generic error.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

denisemanole

From what I have read of your camera, you are probably recording and trying to use

1920 x 1080 @ 30 interlaced from per second. Until proven otherwise, you are dealing with footage with an interlaced frame rate of 30 frames per second which is sometimes expressed as 60i (60 fields per second). The format is H.264.mov with PCM Audio. All that being said, that would be expected to be compatible with Premiere Elements (and your Premiere Elements 12/12.1).

Please go to the Expert workspace, Edit Menu/Project Settings/General, and tell us the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if the fields look grayed out).

1. Did you downloaded the latest version of QuickTime from the following web site?

Apple - QuickTime - Download

If you open Premiere Elements and go to Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime, do you find presets for the QuickTime category?

2. Are you running the programs as administrator?

3. Have you updated Premiere Elements 12 to 12.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do so.

If all else fails, please download and install the free codec utility named GSpot and tell us the readings for Video Name Codec Status as well as Audio Name Status.

GSpot Codec Information Appliance

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR