1 Reply Latest reply on May 23, 2015 2:46 PM by Ian Lyons

Lightroom 6 and Creative Cloud CC

Gary_Agoura_2

I have Adobe CC for a year.  This includes After Effects, Audition, Premiere Pro, etc....  When I paid for the year I signed in with my main account.  Then I purchased the stand alone copy of Lightroom 6.  I didn't realize that when I installed Lightroom, it installed as CC.  I searched the forum and found out that if I uninstalled Lightroom, then created a NEW account just for Lightroom, I could reinstall Lightroom and it says Lightroom 6 when I started it up.  This worked fine.  When I clicked Lightroom, it said Lightroom 6.

I then wanted to use Premiere Pro, so I signed into the account associated with Premier Pro.  It showed an update for Lightroom.  I updated, not thinking that I was on the original account associated with the Cloud. 

Lightroom was updated and now when I run Lightroom, on the splash screen, it says Lightroom CC.  This is frustrating.   Do I have to uninstall Lightroom and return to the other account and install Lightroom standalone again?  Why doesn't Lightroom just show up as Lightroom 6?

Adobe is so screwed up on this.  (Or maybe I am )

How do I get my sanity back and make sure Lightroom shows as Lightroom 6?

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6 and Creative Cloud CC
          Ian Lyons MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Gary Kaye wrote:

Do I have to uninstall Lightroom and return to the other account and install Lightroom standalone again?  Why doesn't Lightroom just show up as Lightroom 6?

If you want Lr to show as version 6 rather than CC then yes you'll have t reinstall to the new account you set up.

Re your second question - When you allowed  CC upgrade Lr  the CC Application Manager gave priority to the CC account.