• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS4 Suite Hangs at "Preparing to Install"

New Here ,
May 23, 2015 May 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen all over the internet tons of people having this same problem, but I can't find the answer so I'm asking here.

Years ago, I received a copy of the Adobe CS4 Master Collection from the college I was attending. I installed it on my first laptop, but I've upgraded laptops  since then and now plan on reinstalling some of the programs.

I want to install Illustrator. I run the disc, check the box for Illustrator, but every time it stalls at "preparing to install" and just doesn't continue past that. I've looked for hidden windows and anything else. I've disabled my firewall and antivirus and ran it in compatibility mode, but it just won't work.

I'm running Windows 7 SP 1, if that counts, and my specs are more than enough.

Now here's the real puzzler or reason:  I've already installed some of the suite on this laptop a while ago, Photoshop, Flash, and After Effects, so I know I shouldn't need to do anything drastic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2015 May 23, 2015

uninstall anything cs4 that might be installed, clean per Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6 and then reinstall.

if you're installing from a disk, copy its contents to a desktop directory and install from that directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall anything cs4 that might be installed, clean per Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6 and then reinstall.

if you're installing from a disk, copy its contents to a desktop directory and install from that directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded and ran the cleaner. Uninstalled only CS4. Downloaded the contents of the disc to my desktop.

Now the installer is working right! I didn't even need to restart my computer, lol.

I figured this is what I needed to do, just wanted to see if there were any other options before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines