• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I was using Adobe Photoshop 5.5 in Windows XP & having Sl. No. with me. Recently I have changed my OS to Windows 7 & tried many times even under compatible mode the software is not downloading, is there any other way like patch etc, please suggest me to s

Explorer ,
May 24, 2015 May 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Adobe Photoshop 5.5 in Windows XP & having Sl. No. with me. Recently I have changed my OS to Windows 7 & tried many times even under compatible mode the software is not downloading, is there any other way like patch etc, please suggest me to solve the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

afaik there's never been a ps 5.5, but anything older than ps cs2 (version 9) isn't likely to work on any modern os.

you can use your old computer with them or try and install using compatibility mode or consider an up-to-date version of ps ($10/mo for lr and ps is the most economical plan that includes ps), Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2015 May 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you seeing an error message when trying to install ps cs 5.5 (and i assume you mean ps cs 5.5, not ps 5.5)?

if yes, and it's in english, attach a screenshot of it.

if no, check your logs for the issue, Troubleshoot install issues with log files | CS5, CS5.5, CS6

p.s. i saw a duplicate message of yours except instead of 5.5, you wrote 7.  you need to explain accurately what you're trying to install in order to get accurate help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I am trying to need help for both the software ps 5.5 and ps 7.0 ( not ps cs anything)

I am sending screenshot for ps 5.5 & could not get screenshot for ps 7.0 as because I could not find "clipbrd.exe" in Windows 7 . After getting Screen shot for ps 5.5, the screen in "paint XP" is not deleting.

However both the softwares  are not responding when "setup.exe" is clicked

I again state that problem is, both the software ps 5.5 and ps 7.0 are not installing in windows 7, they were run smoothly in my previous OS , windows XP, sp-3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

afaik there's never been a ps 5.5, but anything older than ps cs2 (version 9) isn't likely to work on any modern os.

you can use your old computer with them or try and install using compatibility mode or consider an up-to-date version of ps ($10/mo for lr and ps is the most economical plan that includes ps), Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines