12 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2015 6:09 PM by dborato

lightroom serial numbers

dborato Level 1

I downloaded my LR 4 to my new computer.  When I try to start my program, screen ask for original serial number it says the sn is the updated number and I need the original sn.  I used the original number  which is the one registered.  HELP.

• 1. Re: lightroom serial numbers
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Did you have another version of Lightroom prior to version 4?

• 2. Re: lightroom serial numbers
            dborato Level 1

I had LR 3 but deleted it.

• 3. Re: lightroom serial numbers

So the Lightroom 3 serial number is the original number that you need to enter along with the new serial number for Lightroom 4.

• 4. Re: lightroom serial numbers
                dborato Level 1

I dont have it. Now what?

• 5. Re: lightroom serial numbers

Check your Adobe account and see if it's there. If it isn't then I suppose you'll have to try starting a live chat.

Contact Customer Care

It's a tough lesson to learn. But software serial numbers are critical, and need to be recorded in a safe place.

• 6. Re: lightroom serial numbers
                    dborato Level 1

Never would have thought I needed to keep SNs

• 7. Re: lightroom serial numbers

Well, just in case you haven't learned, when you purchase an upgrade version of any Adobe product you need the serial number of the original purchase. It is always been that way. If Lightroom 3 had been installed on the same computer, the new version will usually find the original serial number. Have you switched computers?

And, just a general rule, serial numbers are lifeblood of computer programs. If you don't have the serial number how do you ever expect to reinstall software when/if necessary? It's about the equivalent of purchasing a new car and throwing away the keys. I don't know what else to say.

• 8. Re: lightroom serial numbers
                        DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

Quote "Never would have thought I needed to keep SNs"

Strange that would have been your only evidence of your entitlement to the use of the software.

If you had registered the purchase with Adobe they would have kept it safe for you to retrieve.

• 9. Re: lightroom serial numbers
                          dborato Level 1

Yes, actually I did.  I downloaded my LR4 from Adobe, because my dvd cant be used in my new laptop.  There is not dvd slot.

To: debbie borato <dborato@yahoo.com>

Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2015 5:35 PM

Subject:  lightroom serial numbers

lightroom serial numbers

created by JimHess in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionWell, just in case you haven't learned, when you purchase an upgrade version of any Adobe product you need the serial number of the original purchase. It is always been that way. If Lightroom 3 had been installed on the same computer, the new version will usually find the original serial number. Have you switched computers? If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7575057#7575057 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7575057#7575057 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" 

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 10. Re: lightroom serial numbers
                            dborato Level 1

Yes, and lve using LR4 for a year now on another computer.  Wanted to download it on my new computer.  This sucks!!!!

Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2015 6:32 PM

lightroom serial numbers

created by DdeGannes in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionQuote "Never would have thought I needed to keep SNs" Strange that would have been your only evidence of your entitlement to the use of the software. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7575217#7575217 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7575217#7575217 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" 

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 11. Re: lightroom serial numbers
                              DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

Quote "I downloaded my LR 4 to my new computer.  When I try to start my program, screen ask for original serial number it says the sn is the updated number and I need the original sn.  I used the original number  which is the one registered.  HELP."

Just to be sure the correct procedure to use when you installed LR 4 is as follows.

When prompted to enter the serial number you first enter.

a. The upgrade serial number for LR 4. You should get a prompt to enter the previous version in the second box provided.

b. Enter the LR 3 serial number.

• 12. Re: lightroom serial numbers
                                dborato Level 1

Thank you, I upgraded to LR6.

From: DdeGannes <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2015 6:57 PM

lightroom serial numbers

created by DdeGannes in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionQuote "I downloaded my LR 4 to my new computer.  When I try to start my program, screen ask for original serial number it says the sn is the updated number and I need the original sn.  I used the original number  which is the one registered.  HELP." Just to be sure the correct procedure to use when you installed LR 4 is as follows.When prompted to enter the serial number you first enter.a. The upgrade serial number for LR 4. You should get a prompt to enter the previous version in the second box provided.b. Enter the LR 3 serial number. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7575218#7575218 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7575218#7575218 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.