5 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2015 5:43 PM by A.T. Romano

Because of problems, I am trying to reinstall my Premiere Elements 10 software.

johnh57857154

I have the disks.

First it uninstalled the old software.

Then when installing the "shared technologies", it stops with err msg " dynamiclinkmanager.exe is in use.  Close all running exes and retry."

I have everything closed except the Adobe window that is reinstalling.

I have tried rebooting the system (Windows 7) and starting over. 

Same result.

Thanks for suggestions.

• 1. Re: Because of problems, I am trying to reinstall my Premiere Elements 10 software.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

johnh

If the message relates to closing the dynamiclinkmanager.exe, then open the Task Manager/Processes and find and select that file. Then click on End Task.

Shared Technologies is an old story that can afflict any version of Premiere Elements and just about any computer operating system. There are many homemade remedies to overcome Share Technologies.

The one that has been working for me on my Windows 64 bit computers....

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files

Adobe

and in the Adobe Folder is the OOBE Folder that you rename from OOBE to OLDOOBE (Use OLDOOBE specifically rather than a variation of it).

Please let us know if any of the above worked for you. Do not give up. That Shared Technologies is a tough issue to overcome. But you can.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Does you computer work with a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card?

• 2. Re: Because of problems, I am trying to reinstall my Premiere Elements 10 software.
            johnh57857154 Level 1

The Task Manager trick worked.  I deleted the dynamiclink manager process and clicked "retry" and it went to completion.

Now I will need to see if it works.

Yes I think I have NVIDIA.  At least my control panel says I have it.

How do I find out what kind?

I am not that computer savy.  Just enough to get myself into trouble.

Thanks again for your help.

• 3. Re: Because of problems, I am trying to reinstall my Premiere Elements 10 software.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

johnh

Sound like major progress. Great news.

The not so great news....there is a known serious Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue which forces the user to roll back the driver version to about May 2013 to get Premiere Elements 10 to work. But what has been happening lately, NVIDIA GeForce available older drivers are not old enough to go back to around May 2013. You could sort back through them in the likelihood that you can get an earlier older version of the card to work for you when Premiere Elements 10 is involved. Please review the following for all the details.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE10: NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

This issue is specific for Premiere Elements 10 on a computer using a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card.

You should be able to determine the NVIDIA GeForce information by going to Device Manager/Display Adapter/looking for your card/clicking on Driver Tab.

But, for now let us focus on trying to get beyond that Shared Technology error in spite of the known Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA Ge Force issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Because of problems, I am trying to reinstall my Premiere Elements 10 software.
                johnh57857154 Level 1

Hi ATR,

I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M.

On a Toshiba, Qosmio X775, Windows 7, 64 bit

I went into Device Manager and found:

driver date: 11/5/2013 version 9.18.13.2765

There was a button that said it would revert back to older version so I tried it.

older driver date: 6/6/2011 version 8.17.12.6885

Before reverting back to the older driver, but after I was able to reload my Premiere 10 successfully (because of you), my picture was still not visible - sound only.

After going back to the older driver, the picture is now showing in Premiere - yay!

I went to the NVIDIA website looking for drivers but they only listed back to Feb 2014.

So I guess I'm stuck with the 2011 driver.

My only other alternative is to upgrade to a newer version of Premiere.

Does this sound correct to you?

Thank you very much for your solutions!

John

• 5. Re: Because of problems, I am trying to reinstall my Premiere Elements 10 software.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

John

Thanks for the very good news....you have your program installed, and video and audio presenting.

The not so good news is the dependency on that older NVIDIA GeForce driver (2011). Based on history in this matter, you need a NVIDIA GeForce driver version of around May 2013. However, have you tried the Feb 2014 driver to determine if that would work for you?

Is your workflow being compromised too much by using the older 2011 driver?

Which is going to work for you - finding a replacement for the NVIDIA GeForce card or replacing Premiere Elements 10 with a later version?

If you decide to replace 10 with 11, 12, or 13, please try for the tryout before purchase to assure the compatibility of your program with your computer environment and project goals.

We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR