3 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2015 6:59 AM by A.T. Romano

I cannot launch adobe premiere elements 11

broto23664370

Please help.. I cannot launch adobe premiere elements 11. I have already clicked the icon but it doesn't work..

• 2. Re: I cannot launch adobe premiere elements 11
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What operating system are you using?

Did the program ever work for you?

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling?

Have you tried using Finder or Explorer to go into your computer's files and launch from the program files rather than desktop shortcut?

• 3. Re: I cannot launch adobe premiere elements 11
            A.T. Romano Level 7

broto

What computer operating system is involved?

Is this a "it worked before but not now" or a "it never worked before" issue?

The typical questions would be

1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

2. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

3. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements?

4. Are you running the program as administrator?

5. Are you working with a pen and tablet and not mouse?

6. If Windows, have you checked the Task Manager/Processes to assure that the program is not already opened?

Do you have purchased installation files or installation disc as well as serial number for your Premiere Elements 11?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

If any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR