3 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2015 8:34 AM by Just Shoot Me

change location of lrdata files for LR Mobile sync

Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Ok I just started using LR Mobile to check it out, IE see if I like it and if it will be of use to me.

When importing images taken on my Android phone, syncing them, to LR CC on my desktop PC it creates a LR Mobile folder in the My Pictures folder, Windows 7, and I would like to change that location to to a folder on my E:\ drive. I don't store anything, nor do I want to store anything, in the default My Pictures folder.

I've looked through all the preferences for LR and the Catalog settings and don't find anything that would allow me to change that location. What am I missing or what is LR missing to change that location.

Is this something I could change with a Registry entry?

Thanks

• 1. Re: change location of lrdata files for LR Mobile sync
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The short answer I don't know.

On my system the device shows twice in Folders as Samsung Galaxy, almost as other drives or volumes. I guess this is because I have sync’d photos from the phone which were in a folder on the SD card but I have also created a new folder in the LR mobile app, set to auto import. So each time I take a new pic using the phone it automatically gets sync’d to my desktop computer. To be honest I haven’t messed with the lrdata files as I take very few pics with the phone. I suppose they work via the Creative Cloud interface. But what I have found out is you can delete those images taken with the phone camera to free up space on the phone and the original synchronized jpegs uploaded to the desktop remain in place.

• 2. Re: change location of lrdata files for LR Mobile sync

Well I've found one way, for Windows. Not sure how to do it on a Mac.

If you right click on the My Pictures folder and select Properties you can change the Location of that folder. I created another My Pictures folder on my E drive and selected that as the Default Location. Now everything synced from my phone's LR to my computer LR is placed in the E:\My Pictures folder.

I also notice you can't change the Default location in the regular Import dialog window. It always seems to default to the My Pictures folder.

• 3. Re: change location of lrdata files for LR Mobile sync

Thanks for the response 99jon.

I have another thread open with another LR mobile question which I think I've figured out also. I won't know until I get home from work.