2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2015 9:47 AM by Summi2015

Transfer a project to another folder with all elements?

Summi2015

Hello,

I'm a newe user of Premiere Elements. I want to transfer a project with all elements to another folder.

The function Archieve works not so good because the folder name is given by Premiere Elements. I want to give the name myself. Have anyone of you an answer to my problem?

An other way is to determine the folder-name by myself and then to start the programm. Is there a function in the menü to look for the project-element's places? I mean an automatic function wich search the projekt-elements automatically?

I hope you will understand me because my English is not so good.

To the support: Why can there be a function in the program to determine the folder with a new place and new folder-name? This would be help... Thanks.

Best regards

Rene

• 1. Re: Transfer a project to another folder with all elements?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Rene

Consider the following and let us know if this works for you.

In your project, go to File Menu/Save As, and put your own choice for File Name and set the Save In location. With the project still opened, go to File Menu/Project Archiver and its Copy Project option, and use it to save a copy of your project file (.prel) and copies of its source media in a folder

with the name "Copied and the name your gave the project".

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please let me know.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Transfer a project to another folder with all elements?
            Summi2015 Level 1

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

I'm so sorry, but it doesn't work so how I wil that it works.

The folder name is "Copie - <Old Foldername>". What I want is the folder name in this way "<OldFoldername>" on my own subfolder. But it doesn't work, because if I do so, than I must bind all the components of the show again.

Why can the components of the Show not be saved in a relative way (for example Excel)? So I can copy the folder and his subfolders of the show in a new folder and the conjunctions wil be obtained. An other way is to determine the copy-folder-name.

Ok, I have copy the Project. For the future I consider first where I save my project...

Rene