9 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2015 7:09 PM by A.T. Romano

Sync slides with music

kashmir2264 Level 1

How can I get my slideshow pictures to automatically adjust to the music?

• 1. Re: Sync slides with music
          A.T. Romano Level 7

kashmir

What version of Premiere Elements and Elements Organizer and what computer operating system involved?

Are you creating the slideshow in the Elements Organizer or in the Premiere Elements Editor?

In Elements Organizer 12 (Windows) and earlier, the Slideshow Editor has a "Fit Slides To Audio" option.

Please supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Sync slides with music
            kashmir2264 Level 1

Thanks for such a quick response. Sorry I forgot that very important info.

They're both version 13 & I'm running 64bit Windows 8. I miss the "fit slides to audio option".

I've been using version 8 for years but started having trouble on my new laptop. Hence the upgrade to 13. Seems more like a downgrade than an upgrade.

• 3. Re: Sync slides with music
              A.T. Romano Level 7

kashmir

Thanks for the reply.

Elements Organizer 13/13.1 Slideshow is markedly different than in earlier versions. And, there are editing possibilities but limited in many respects - no "Fit Slides To Audio" option..

The Premiere Elements Editor never had a "Fit Slides to Audio" option.

The following is the general idea for an old way...

1. Open your project to the Expert workspace, and place your music on the audio track.

2. Play back the music and set Timeline unnumbered marker wherever you want an image to be placed

(See Markers/Timeline Marker/Set Timeline marker/Unnumbered.)

3. Have your ordered images selected (highlighted in Project Assets). Click anywhere in the selection, and select Create Slideshow.

The typical Create Slideshow dialog should look like

Create Slideshow Dialog.JPG

The important option there is "Place Images/Clips at Unnumbered Markers".

Click OK to find an image placed at each of the unnumbered markers. Depending on the details, you may have to do some file duration

adjustments. Please try this on a mini test run project, and determine if it gives you any workflow advantage.

Any questions, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Sync slides with music
                kashmir2264 Level 1

.Thanks for your time & help with this ATR.

Yes, I realized I was thinking of my old PSE 8 with fit to slide. My old versions of PSE & PE always worked so seamlessly for me, I think of them as one program.

I worked on it for a little while but then I took some advice from another site I visited, I contacted Adobe & they sent me serial numbers for version 12. It already feels like home.

Thanks again. I really do appreciate your time & effort.

Walter

• 5. Re: Sync slides with music
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

kashmir

Thanks for the great news that you are moving forward in your Premiere Elements projects.

What version of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements did you finally decide to go with....12 or 13?

Whatever the case, your news "It already feels like home." sounds very good.

Best wishes

ATR

• 6. Re: Sync slides with music
                    kashmir2264 Level 1

ATR

I'm going with version 12. It's very similar to what I'm used to.

I'm already done with a rough of a slideshow I've been working on. Adjusting the time to

have certain pictures come up at just the right second to match the music is what I was looking for.

It's so easy to get it done with version 12.

Thanks again

Walter

• 7. Re: Sync slides with music
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Walter

Sounding good.

If things are working well, I would leave things as is.

But, you may find it beneficial to update 12 to its 12.1 Update from within an opened project's Help Menu/Updates. The major obvious perk of that update is to fix the Expert workspace Only Text Style issue. Before that fix, the user had to go into the Quick workspace to avoid this issue.

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: Sync slides with music
                        kashmir2264 Level 1

Thanks for the tip. Updated to 12.1

Walter

• 9. Re: Sync slides with music
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Walter

Thanks for the follow up.

When the 12.1 Update was released, the following is what I wrote about it at the time.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: 12.1 Update Released

Great news of your progress.

ATR