6 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2015 11:48 AM by pfield69

Keyword sorting and stacking

pfield69 Level 1

Is there a quick and easy way to sort keywords in LR6?

A nice feature would be just to have a keyword screen

• 1. Re: Keyword sorting and stacking
          dj_paige Level 9

There is no keyword sort in Lightroom. They appear in alphabetical order.

You could interrupt this alphabetical order by making keywords hierarchical, but the keywords will still be hierarchical within their parent keywords.

• 2. Re: Keyword sorting and stacking
            99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

With All Photographs selected under the catalog tab you can filter on any word - see image.

AllPhotosSearch.png

• 3. Re: Keyword sorting and stacking
              dj_paige Level 9

If the question is about Filtering Keywords (which is different than Sorting Keywords), then you can also use the search field in the Keyword List panel.

• 4. Re: Keyword sorting and stacking
                pfield69 Level 1

Sorry for the confusion.
                I mean sorting the keywords not the images.

For instance I may have images tagged as Sydney or NSW or even NSW\Sydney.
                At the moment, I select all Images tagged NSW\Sydney then add the keyword Sydney to all the selected images before deleting the keyword NSW\Sydney. I then may put Sydney in a NSW keyword.

All good but it is slow as I have to wait for all the images to load & the hierarchy is also slow meaning I'm often dropping files/ folders into the wrong keyword (folder).

I hope this image helps.

I was hoping for just a keyword screen

• 5. Re: Keyword sorting and stacking
                  dj_paige Level 9

For instance I may have images tagged as Sydney or NSW or even NSW\Sydney.

At the moment, I select all Images tagged NSW\Sydney then add the keyword Sydney to all the selected images before deleting the keyword NSW\Sydney. I then may put Sydney in a NSW keyword.

If you have a hierarchy like this

Places

Australia

NSW

Sydney

Then you don't have to perform all of these bizarre operations, you simply give the photo a keyword of Sydney, and it automatically gets NSW, Australia and Places as well as Sydney. Also you don't have to have Australia and NSW in the keyword itself.

• 6. Re: Keyword sorting and stacking
                    pfield69 Level 1

Thankd DJ.

As you can see the hierarchy that has imported from my picture is to say the least, messed up.

its just taking so long to correct it in the manner you have said because of picture load times.