14 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2015 7:30 AM by A.T. Romano

Premere 11 transitions

rodney131313

Can I select multiple pictures and select the same transition all at once?

!@

• 1. Re: Premere 11 transitions
          A.T. Romano Level 7

rodney

Premiere Elements 11 on what computer operating system?

Have you selected all your photos on the Timeline and then used Timeline Menu/Apply Default Transition?

Please review and consider and supply more information if the above does not work for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premere 11 transitions
            rodney131313 Level 1

Windows 7 on a PC   Don't know how to select all photos and I only want to select a bank of photos.

Thank you

• 3. Re: Premere 11 transitions
              rodney131313 Level 1

Ok I can select multiple pics.  I was using control and switched to shift

• 4. Re: Premere 11 transitions
                A.T. Romano Level 7

rodney

Thanks for the follow up.

If you want to select more than one clip at a time, you can

a. Hold down the Shift Key and click on each clip that you want in the selection...as you did.

or

b. With the mouse cursor, draw a rectangle around the photos to select them. Have you tried that one yet?

Did you get the same default transition placed successfully for all the selected photos? It looks like default transition as well as Transition Default Duration.

(See Edit Menu/Preferences/General and Video Transition Default Duration and Audio Transition Default Duration setting before transition placement.)

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premere 11 transitions
                  rodney131313 Level 1

Ok I did the  the box drag but still when I bring over a transition it just does one.?????????

• 6. Re: Premere 11 transitions
                    rodney131313 Level 1

I went to preference as you directed, but all I saw was time factors.

• 7. Re: Premere 11 transitions
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

rodney

Thanks for the follow up. Lots to review since you should not be dragging a transition anywhere if you are following the details of placing the same default transition for more than one Timeline file at a time.

1. Are you in the Expert workspace of Premiere Elements? I am assuming that you are. But, the Apply Default Transition does work in the Quick workspace as well.

2. Given that you have a group of files on the Expert workspace Timeline and you want to apply the default transition for all, all at one time.

3. You select the involved files on the Timeline.

4. You go to Timeline Menu/Apply Default Transition, and automatically the default transition is placed for the selected files. You do not drag a transition; this is automatic.

Please review the above? Are you doing all that? Possible places where you have gone off the how to details....

a. When you go to Timeline Menu, are you clicking  on the Apply Default Transition and not the one that reads Apply Default Transition Along CTI? You want only the Apply Default Transition choice.

b. Do you need more information on the file selection before going to Timeline Menu/Apply Default Transition?

c. Do you need more information on how to set what the default transition is and how to set its duration so that when this "automatic process" is done after those settings are made, you have the default transition of your choice and duration for it?

Please review and consider. We will clarify further any places along the way that are not working for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Premere 11 transitions
                        rodney131313 Level 1

Wow  thanks  This is my third year doing the end of year track video in Pre 11  Still learning.  I have been dragging individual transitions all this time! Thanks.

I set a dissolve and it work.  I want to change for another section. When I clicked on a new transition then applied It still thinks I want dissolve, so I am ready for the next step. How do I change the default transition.

Hey I went back and used my brain a bit before I sent this and tried to right click when it said use as default. The first time I did not click on that menu and it did not work. The next time I used undo on my test slides and of course it undid my new default. The 3rd try I redid the new default after the undo and it worked like a charm.  Thank's for holding my hand. All is as it should be!  

• 9. Re: Premere 11 transitions
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

rodney

Great news. You did a great job on following through on the troubleshooting to get transition placement to work for you.

You may be interested in the following related to Premiere Elements transitions

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/06/pe-video-transitions-part-1-slideshow.html

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Video Transitions - Part 2 How They Work

Please do not hesitate if you have questions or need clarification on your Premiere Elements workflows.

Best wishes

ATR

• 10. Re: Premere 11 transitions
                            rodney131313 Level 1

Hi A.T.  What do you know about this error when I am trying to import video.  They were on my desk top and were taken from on my  I-phone. I had one earlier that did not import and thought is was a fluke. In my next batch only 2 of about 12 imported,  so I am wondering, what the hec?

Thank  You for your consideration

• 11. Re: Premere 11 transitions
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

rodney

There are at least 2 possibilities...

1. If you are dealing with cell phone video, it is likely that the video could have been recorded with a variable rather than constant frame rate. When you try to get video with a variable frame rate into Premiere Elements, the consequences can be

a. audio out of sync

b. not being able to import the video at all

c. nothing, it imports fine

For a and b, the remedy has often been to take the cell phone video into the free HandBrake and export it from there as H.264.mp4 with a constant frame rate. And, then import that HandBrake export into Premiere Elements project using Premiere Elements Add Media/Files and Folders.

https://handbrake.fr/

2. Is latest version of QuickTime installed on the computer with Premiere Elements? Go to Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime and determine if you have choices under Presets field there.

Let us explore those possibilities, and then we can decide what next. If you need a HandBrake how to, please let me know.

Thanks.

ATR

• 12. Re: Premere 11 transitions
                                rodney131313 Level 1

I updated quick time  Monday night. It did not upload still. I rebooted and no upload.  I was in the program today and tried again and it worked. I can't explain that, but I'll go with. Now its onward.

Thanks yet again

Rodney

• 13. Re: Premere 11 transitions
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Rodney

Thanks for the reply. "Onward" sounds great. Great job staying with the troubleshooting.

Just in case notes....

a. Latest version of QuickTime

b. Check Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime and finding the Presets field with a list of QuickTime presets from which to choose.

c. Running programs (QuickTime and Premiere Elements) as administrator.

But, right now all is well, so nothing to do but to move forward with your projects.

Best wishes

ATR