10 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2015 12:24 PM by A.T. Romano

Unable to burn a slideshow to DVD nor save .iso files

saoke

I recently purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements/Premier Elements 13.  I am running into all sorts of problems trying to create a DVD as well as writing iso file for a simple slideshow.  I pretty much read through most of the forum posts related to the issue I am having, and I tried many suggested solutions. I am still unable to write to a DVD. Very frustrating.

Here is a history of what I did.

1. Installed Premiere Elements 13.0.
      2. Created a slideshow and tried burning to DVD.
      3. I get an error regarding the bitrate so I changed the bitrate.  This gets me pass this error.
      4. Based on what I read on the forum, I also made sure that all photos are less than 1000 x 750 pixels.
      5. Tried burning to DVD and I get “PluginCoder error: no plugin DLLS.”
      6. Based on what I read on the forum, I tried disabling the hardware acceleration. Problem persists.
      7. Tried creating .iso file.  The progress bar stays at 1% for a moment, but it immediately says it completed.  No files are created, however.
      8. Upgraded to Premiere Elements 13.1.
      9. Now I get “Something is preventing a successful DVD burn” when it is burning to DVD.

Since nothing worked, I removed and reinstalled Premiere Elements so I can start over.

1. Reinstalled Premiere Elements 13.0
      2. I recreated the project from scratch.
      3. Removed all menu marker and DVD menu as suggested in one of the forum posts.
      4. I still get “PluginCoder error: no plugin DLLS” when I try to burn to DVD.
      5. Upgraded to Premiere Elements 13.1.
      6. As before, now I immediately get  “Something is preventing a successful DVD burn” when it is burning to DVD.
      7. I tried creating .iso file again.  The progress bar again stays at 1% for a moment, but it immediately says it completed.  No files are created, however.

I just don’t know what to do now.  I am running out of time to create a slideshow for an event.  Any help is appreciated.

• 1. Re: Unable to burn a slideshow to DVD nor save .iso files
          saoke Level 1

BTW, I am able to create the almost identical project in my previous Premiere Elements 4 and I am able to burn to DVD without problems.   Reading numerous posts, it seems like Premiere Elements 13 has many problems related to burning DVDs and writing to a file. (BTW, I could use Premiere Elements 4, but it seems like it doesn't support transitions between slides whereas Premiere Elements 13 does.  As such, I prefer Premiere Elements 13 if this issue is solved.)

• 2. Re: Unable to burn a slideshow to DVD nor save .iso files
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What operating system are you using and what are your computer specs?

How much free, defragmented space is on your C drive? When did you last run Disk Cleanup and a registry cleaner like CCleaner?

Version 13 does not have any problems creating DVDs that I'm aware of (although there are always systems that have problems doing this). In fact, it does a number of things much more effectively and efficiently than previous versions of the program.

• 3. Re: Unable to burn a slideshow to DVD nor save .iso files
              A.T. Romano Level 7

saoke

There are many problems with the burn to choices in Premiere Elements 13/13.1. Since you have been researching the matter, you have probably seen them. But, if you need further documentation, I will point you to the many threads on the topic. Just some comments for now....

1. I would not bother with the Premiere Elements 13/13.1.iso file. If you need an .iso file, we can discuss that with 3rd party software with or without conjunction with Premiere Elements. Have you worked with the burn to folder if you do not want to do the burn to disc?

2. Because of

I still get “PluginCoder error: no plugin DLLS” when I try to burn to DVD

.and

I tried creating .iso file again.  The progress bar again stays at 1% for a moment, but it immediately says it completed.  No files are created, however.

I would take another look at with and without the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher preference enabled. The status of that preference has been the answer to both of the above.

So, now after your uninstall/reinstall, if you have not already, please give look at

burn to folder

and

with or without Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher preference enabled in Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Unable to burn a slideshow to DVD nor save .iso files
                saoke Level 1

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Here is the info on my system:

Operating System: Windows 8.1

Processor: Intel i7-4710HQ @2.5GHz

Installed memory: 16 GB

Display Adapter: Intel HD Graphics 4600

DVD/CD ROM drive: HP DVDRAM GU90N

I have 752 GB free.  Disk fragmentation is  only 1%, and I have run disk fragmentation recently.  I do not have CCleaner, but I really don't think that is the issue.

Thanks.

• 5. Re: Unable to burn a slideshow to DVD nor save .iso files
                  saoke Level 1

ATR,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I have toggled HD Graphics acceleration preference several times.  I still get the same errors, however. 

• 6. Re: Unable to burn a slideshow to DVD nor save .iso files
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

saoke

Thanks for the reply with details of your burn to issues.

Did you have any success with the burn to folder?

What do you mean by

(BTW, I could use Premiere Elements 4, but it seems like it doesn't support transitions between slides whereas Premiere Elements 13 does.

If you are running out of time with the troubleshooting for 13/13.1, perhaps pursue the above. I have Premiere Elements 4 and 13/13.1, and I am not seeing a difference in transitions placements between clips. And, 4 can be your way to get this project done on time.

My first thought is to have you do the uninstall and reinstall with the free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) in between the uninstall and reinstall .

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

The ccleaner gets rid of leftovers from incomplete installs and reinstalls, non Adobe products as well as Adobe products.

The idea is not all that appealing since you have been there before. But, I do not think that you have used the ccleaner in that scheme. Can be highly effective.

Did you ever review other burn software on your computer as candidate for a conflicting program?

ATR

• 7. Re: Unable to burn a slideshow to DVD nor save .iso files
                      saoke Level 1

ATR,

Thanks.

Re: Did you have any success with the burn to folder?

As mentioned before, I tried but same issue.  After decoding, it tries to create the file and reports success, but nothing gets created.

Re: Premiere Elements 4 tranisition.

I am not sure to specify transition for slideshow in Premiere Elements 4.  I looked all over but couldn't find a way to set up transition betweens slides.  It works for video clips, however.  If you think there is a way to add transition to slideshows in Premiere Elements 4, please let me know.

Re: CCleaner

I am a little weary about installing these tools since they tend to add a lot of unnecessary stuff.   I really don't think this is the issue. 

Re: Did you ever review other burn software on your computer as candidate for a conflicting program?

Not sure what you want me to do, but I am able to write to DVD without any issues using other programs.  If you are suggesting I get rid of other tools that write to DVDs, it is not worth me going through that trouble,

Thanks.

• 8. Re: Unable to burn a slideshow to DVD nor save .iso files
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

saoke

Lots to talk about.

Premiere Elements 4.

What is your focus here...are you looking for a Premiere Elements 13 feature in 4 where you can apply the same default transition automatically to the Timeline content. Reference Premiere Elements 13 Timeline Menu/Apply Default Transition after you have selected all the clips to be involved.

That feature is not in 4, but there is a way...

Select Edit (Orange Tab), under that the Media Tab, and then under that the Project Tab. Arrange your imports in Project Media, use the Shift key to select all the clips wanted (video and stills), then right click anywhere in the selection and click on Create Slideshow from the drop down list. The key feature of the Create Slideshow dialog is the check mark next to "Apply Default transition (Cross Dissolve)" As you see you can set the type of transition and transition duration.

Version 4.JPG

If you need how to for arranging clips in Project Media, I can supply that. For me the key is creating a folder there and adding the files to it in the order that I want them when they arrive on the Timeline.

If you are having problems with applying transitions in 4 one pair of clips at a time, then we need to talk about the details. There should be no problem with that.

If you can successfully burn to folder, you can take the VIDEO_TS Folder from the saved folder to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc in the free ImgBurn program.

I would have to check it out, but I think that there is a way to take the VIDEO_TS Folder to an .iso file using ImgBurn. I will check that out and let you know.

Nero is notorious was competing with burner, but I never really had a problem with that. Recently I had a burner recognition problem that I traced to iTunes install. Those packet writing softwares like InCD sometimes cause conflicts, but I have InCD on my computer, and no burn to issues.

But, if you can sort out the transition issue in Premiere Elements 4, that would get you through moving forward as we try to resolve the 13 burn to ISO Image issue and that assort of “PluginCoder error: no plugin DLLS" and .iso files that are not there.

Please review and consider the above. We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: Unable to burn a slideshow to DVD nor save .iso files
                          saoke Level 1

ATR,

Thanks for the info.  As mentioned before I can't even burn to a folder.  It seems like my only option now is using Premiere Elements 4.   Sigh.  I will give that a shot.

Thanks.

• 10. Re: Unable to burn a slideshow to DVD nor save .iso files
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

saoke

Premiere Elements 4 should be your avenue to the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

But, we must work out those 13 burn to issues. I will review all the comments in your thread to make sure something is not being overlooked which would resolve the matter.

More later.

ATR