11 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2015 10:51 AM by Printing A5 Glossy

printing problems

Printing A5 Glossy

Hi,

I've just moved on to version 6, installation etc all went well.

However I have a problem printing, did'nt have in version 5

When I print to any glossy paper with any of the presets for my printer they come out almost all Magenta.

If however I choose to print on plain, but use glossy they come out OK.

Printer is a Canon 9000 Pro

OS is Windows 7 (64 bit)

RAM is 8Gig

I can use the printer with NO problems on other software packages, same profiles etc for the printer.

Help please.... Has some setting got messed up within Lightroom 6?

Any suggestions please

• 1. Re: printing problems
          RikkFlohr Adobe Community Professional

Magenta is a sign that you are profiling twice.  You are attempting to color profile in the Canon Printer Driver and Lightroom. It needs to be one or the other.

In the Canon Print Dialog, go to to Main tab.

Under Color/Intensity set to Manual and click [Set…]

Go to Matching tab

Under Color Correction set: None

Print from Lightroom now where Lightroom manages the colors and your magenta cast should disappear.

• 2. Re: printing problems
            Printing A5 Glossy Level 1

Hi RikkFlohr   

Thanks for the reply, Sadly it has not worked.

I've followed it to the letter, a couple of times to make sure but it is still giving a colour cast of Magenta on all photo's to glossy.

I've exported a couple of different photo's as jpg and printed them on glossy with NO problems at all.

It is Lightroom that's seems to be the problem....

Any other possible area's I need to check

Thanks.

• 3. Re: printing problems

Next steps:

Ensure your driver is the latest that Canon offers.

Double check your Profile which you are using in Lightroom matches your paper exactly.

I print with this same OS and Printer every day and have never seen a Magenta Cast (unless I double profiled deliberately to test....)

• 4. Re: printing problems
                JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I am using Windows 7, 8 GB RAM, a Canon Pixma Pro-100, Lightroom CC. I have seen no change in behavior in my printing using Lightroom CC as compared to Lightroom 5.7.1. The problem you describe really sounds like double color management, or else possibly choosing the wrong paper profile. I understand that you are certain that you have checked these. Just another thought, are you using OEM ink or third-party ink?

• 5. Re: printing problems

Hi again Rikk

Thanks again. It's a mystery.

I'll check the drivers...

checking

Drivers up to date

OK once again, any idea's

TIA

• 6. Re: printing problems

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply.

Using same third party ink I have been using for 3 or 4 years, Ditto on the paper.

I have just 'wasted' about 15 additional sheets with different setting and some different papers.

It's a puzzle to me this one.

Also just noticed that Print|Preview is white, no photo contained therein.

I have to be honest I've actually forgotten how to change all the different aspects of the printer profile.

I have it set to Printer Managed at the moment, having tried the various Canon profiles I used to use.

Lot of head scratching and hair pulling going on at moment. and the bin is getting fuller...

Regards

• 7. Re: printing problems

OK I've just taken the sampleimage.jpg Printed through Lightroom .... FAIL strong magenta cast

I have just taken sampleimage.jpg Printed it through Serif PhotoPlus. No problems photo looks as it should.

I have just taken sampleimage.jpg Printed it through Softmaker Textmaker,.. No problems photo as it should be.

• 8. Re: printing problems
                        JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't want to sound too basic, or talking down to you. But if you are choosing the appropriate paper profile in Lightroom then you are allowing Lightroom to manage the color and other settings in the printer. So you have to go to the Page Setup button and open the printer driver. In the printer driver you need to choose the appropriate paper type. If you are using third-party paper, that paper should have instructions of what paper type you should choose in the printer driver. You also need to set the printer driver color management to none. Then you choose the exact paper profile in Lightroom. You probably already know all this. But since you indicated that you have forgotten some things I thought I would just review the basic steps.

• 9. Re: printing problems

Printing A5 Glossy wrote:

OK I've just taken the sampleimage.jpg Printed through Lightroom .... FAIL strong magenta cast

I have just taken sampleimage.jpg Printed it through Serif PhotoPlus. No problems photo looks as it should.

I have just taken sampleimage.jpg Printed it through Softmaker Textmaker,.. No problems photo as it should be.

Pretty much tells us nothing.

• 10. Re: printing problems

Jim,By all means tell me how to suck grandma's proverbial eggs, I'm as rusty a old nails, twice as old and have to admit it, a slight memory problem.

I'll try and go back to basics, most of the paper I use will probably not have profiles as it's cheap and (obviously not cheerful).

I just don't know how to any more.

OK will leave and come back later.

Rikk,

Pretty much tells us nothing.... hmmm well it tells me that the printer is functiong correctly... and now looks like I've got to sort out some sort of bodge up I must have made.

Sorry to have bothered you all.

Thanks for trying...

• 11. Re: printing problems

I don't want to sound too basic, or talking down to you. But if you are choosing the appropriate paper profile in Lightroom then you are allowing Lightroom to manage the color and other settings in the printer. So you have to go to the Page Setup button and open the printer driver. In the printer driver you need to choose the appropriate paper type. If you are using third-party paper, that paper should have instructions of what paper type you should choose in the printer driver. You also need to set the printer driver color management to none. Then you choose the exact paper profile in Lightroom. You probably already know all this. But since you indicated that you have forgotten some things I thought I would just review the basic steps.

Oh yes Jim,

ref appropriate profile... I've been using LR 2, 3, 4, 5 and now 6, All previous versions have printed correctly.

This problem has only occured since moving up... That's why I'm struggling with this.

Currently reading up on what I have to do for these profiles...