• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

select audio device to play back sound

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2007 Jan 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flash media server ,provide property Microphone.names that retrieves an array of strings reflecting the names of all available
sound capture devices.
is there is any property that detect output device attached to system so i can select which one to play back sound.
for example:-
i need to play back mp3 file in flash.
but i have more one output device installed in my pc.
the question is:-
is there is any way for falsh to list all (or detects) audio output device installed in my pc then let me pick one of them to play back sound by selected output device?

thanks ...........plz don't late to replay me

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2007 Jan 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there is any body search for this problem before?

if there is ,plz reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2007 Jan 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't related to FMS, however,

afaik it is not possible to select an output sound device. This is totally OS dependent. If you'd be on the Windows platform you'd have to change your default windows sound device in order to let Flash output sound to that.

This might be an interesting feature request for next versions of Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2007 Jan 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i really use Windows platform ,
how to change default windows sound device? and why?
how Flash output sound do that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In flash video player, right click anywhere inside the video and select settings. click on speaker icon and select your speakers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 15, 2007 Jan 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change default soundoutput in Windows itself:

Start > Settings > Control Panel > "Sounds and Audio Devices" > Tab Audio > Soundplayback: choose another sound device

You cannot do this from inside Flash fyi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2011 Apr 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filed a bug report to be able to change audio output device in flash player under Key: FP-6588.

https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-6588

If you need this feature please join the lobby and vote for this important feature on https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-6588

(you may need to create an account there)

Thanky you!

henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least in Flex, you can select the camera and microphone, its strange they don't have the capability to detect speakers and allow users to select speaker to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a stone age bug. We are ramping up with voip and conferencing and cant even select a stupid speaker.

did you vote for my bug report? https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-6588

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a a delayed response to this discussion but I thought I would share my problem with this.

I have a USB audio interface, which I have configured as the default sound device on my iMac (OSX Lion). This works well in all applications, except Flash.

I have the device configured at quite a high bit rate.

Flash doesn't like this - it makes very strange noises. The only work around I have found is to disable the sound interface when I am working in Flash, and use the built in speakers on my iMac.

It works, but I'm the kind of guy that likes things to just work 😃

e.g. if iTunes can play mp3s through my sound interface, why can't Flash?

To be honest I think Adobe need to do a lot of work on the audio side of things with Flash. Not just playback - something a bit more flexible like Premier would be cool. Flash isn't dead yet. Come on Adobe!

A lot of the work I am doing at the moment requires building animation to a pre-recorded audio file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines