3 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2015 2:52 AM by LPDisney

Can I send stroke (line) color behind other stroke color?

LPDisney Level 1

When coloring lines (strokes) if I don't color in a specific order I get lines over other lines while I want the opposite (see picture for better explanation).

I can only fix this later if I change the color of the "above" line to a different color, which is annoying after picking the right color.

If I go back to my original color the hierarchy of the lines changes again to the original order, the one I don't want.

I know I can simply separate to layers, but I don't want to, I want all my lines in one layer.

Is there a way to "send backward" a line? just like with symbols?

I tried right click but the option is grayed out.

I searched the web with no solution.

I know this issue exists in several version before.

I could really use some help! Thanks.

Btw, for the sample I separated to layers, but that's the annoying solution.

Flash Strokes.jpg

My system:

Win 8.1 pro 64bit, Flash CC 2014.1 (latest update), Cintiq 24HD

• 1. Re: Can I send stroke (line) color behind other stroke color?
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Maybe you could group the lines and then have better luck with arranging them.  Personally I would go with different layers - much easier to control and no guessing where they lie in the hierarchy.

Beyond that  - you've done some really nice animation work Liron

• 2. Re: Can I send stroke (line) color behind other stroke color?
            LPDisney Level 1

I'm creating illustrations for stock websites (such as shutterstock) which means there are certain rules I have to follow, such as converting those lines to fills eventually, and groups cause issues sometimes when creating old EPS, but I will try this option.

still, it's kinda stupid that if I color them is the order from most behind to most above, it works out. If I change color it's fixed, but then changing back to previous color brings the problem back - looks to me more like a wrong behavior of the software.

If there's no solution, I will try to report this as bug or something.

• 3. Re: Can I send stroke (line) color behind other stroke color?
              LPDisney Level 1

Ok, so grouping doesn't help cause when I eventually need to convert lines to fills (it's a must for stock websites) I need to un-group my lines and then I go back to square 1, I just tested it.

So separating to layers is the only option for now.

Unless I'm missing another option (if anyone knows please reply) I will just send a feature suggestion to adobe and hopefully they will fix it.