• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive HTML5 Layout Not Displaying Desktop

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched the forums but didn't find anything on this. I'm running RoboHelp 11. I was looking into using a Responsive HTML5 layout instead of my current WebHelp layout. I like how the desktop version looks when I choose Theme3_Black and edit:

theme3.jpg

However, when I compile and preview, I see only the tablet version:

theme3_2.jpg

Any idea why the desktop version isn't displaying? It does it within RoboHelp and when I choose to preview in a browser.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It sounds to me as if you are perhaps presenting it in a window that is sized to be smaller than your desktop?

That's the point of responsive. Items on the screen rearrange according to what are known as "breakpoints". Once a breakpoint has been reached, items rearrange to suit that breakpoint definition. The thought is that the new placement and size of the items works better on a device that would be using that breakpoint.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get what you're saying, but the tablet layout displays even when I open the start page from the !SSL! folder and maximize the browser window to the size of my monitor, which is 1280 x 1024. It looks like the minimum size for the desktop screen profile is 1024 x 768.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this quick and dirty video does a better job of explaining it.

Click here to view

If you want the breakpoints adjusted, I do believe it's possible. But you will have to muck about with the code. Hopefully Willam will see this post and pop in to advise more.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find that if I resized the window to wider than my primary monitor (I have two), it did show the proper desktop navigation. However, I don't really want the user to have to maximize the window that much. I haven't figured out a way to fix this yet. Adjusting the size of the desktop screen profile didn't seem to do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjusting the size of the desktop screen profile didn't seem to do anything.

Nor would I expect it to. If you are using Responsive, these screen profiles are ignored. Those are intended for use with Multiscreen output.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What does responsive mean. This is the approach that provides an optimal viewing and interaction experience, easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling across a wide range of devices. It can be mac, desktop, laptop or any mobile device. It will fluidly change and respond to fit any screen or device size.

If you want to see how the content appears in a certain screen layout, map the screen layout to a screen profile in Multiscreen HTML5 or Responsive HTML5 layout settings and click Preview in the toolbar. To preview a screen layout while editing the screen layout, do the following:

Press Ctrl + W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp