[discussion moved to the Adobe Digital Editions forum]
I have the same problem. Did you find a way to resolve this problem?
Please try to authorize again.
I found a thread Re: activation server error, look for Kenb's post, which says:
I had the same problem and with a helpful comment about IE I found this finally worked for me:
- uninstall ALL versions of Adobe digital editions (I tried v1.7, 2 and 3!)
- use INTERNET EXPLORER to download ADE v 3. Download | Adobe Digital Editions Home (Previously I was using Chrome)
- DISABLE windows firewall BEFORE installing ADE3.
- Install ADE 3 and I found I could then authorize my computer using help>authorize computer in the ADE menu.
- Re-download e-book (because previous downloads had expired), and I was able to open my ebook.
I uninstalled, then downloaded via IE, v3 (not the newest). forgot to disable firewall before installing.
**after open up ADE, when the computer authorization window popped up, selected not to authorize, then "next" then "authorize". dropped my downloaded ebook in ADE, it worked.
the part starting ** was done following an IT guy (ebook's company's) instruction.
i don't know what went wrong, or which of the above solved it.
Thank you. I have been trying for 2 days and contacted Adobe Chat but this worked first try. I followed your steps exactly, but did install ADE 4.0. THANK YOU!!