3 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2015 5:09 AM by resdesign

Accessing element in nested div

mads18950258 Level 1

Hi

i got a problem accessing and changing an element within a nested div (im not using symbols only "groups" (divs))

ex. how do i access a text label within a nested div?

row1 -> item1 -> textLabel

i tried .....

.$("row1").$("item1").$("textLabel").something

.$("row1 item1 textLabel).something

.getSymbol("row1").getSymbol("item1").$("textLabel").something

but all without any result ???, yes i would put a class on each of my items, but that'll be fairly silly with alot of items .

any suggestions ?

• 1. Re: Accessing element in nested div
          seano2o7 Level 3

Access it like normal, if an item in a group is called item1

then sym.$("item1").hide();

• 2. Re: Accessing element in nested div
            mads18950258 Level 1

i need something more precise, for every row there will be an item called 1, in my project it's important i only manipulate ex. item 1 in row 5... therefore i need something like $("row5").$("item1")... but this won't work.

currently i have nested everything into symbols instead, it works but its not an optimal solution for my problem.

• 3. Re: Accessing element in nested div
              resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there,

if you have group div and jquery, you can use

Example - group div is called buttons and has a number of elements in it.

var buttons = sym.$("buttons").children();    

$.each(buttons,function(i){

$(this).on("click", function(){

//code here  could be about changing an image on the click event - 'image' is a png file  - I added  mapArea1.png to the stage and change the name to image. Then I changed from div to img in the property panel.

sym.$("image").animate({"opacity":1.00},700).attr('src',"images/mapArea"+[i]+".png");

});

if you wanted to change something on the children themselves, you would use $(this)

for example to change the color and opacity of the children elements  of buttons on the click event add the following:

$(this).css({'background-color':'red', 'opacity':0.5});

Hope this help but I am not sure since I do not know what you are actually doing.

1 person found this helpful