Would you provide more information so that we can properly diagnose the problem?
Which app do you use? Is it Reader on a Mac/Windows desktop computer or a mobile device (iPad, iPhone, Android tablet or phone)?
What is the version of the operating system?
What is the version of the app?
Have you tried any other apps to see what happens with the file name?
Oh yes, that would help.
I am using an iPhone 6 plus, running software ver. 8.3
The app is the Adobe Acrobat Reader (free verison) ver. 15.0.4
I tried PDF Reader app and it sends the file format correctly.
[personal information removed by moderator]
OK. So is the file name literally S#105234.pdf?
I renamed one of my files to S#105234.pdf, opened it in Acrobat Reader for iOS version 15.0.4, used the 'Share File' and 'Share Public Link' options to send email.
I opened the email attachment in Apple Mail on a MacBook Pro (Mac laptop computer) and on an iPad. The file name was not changed for me. So I must be missing some steps.
Would you tell us the steps to reproduce the problem?
- Do you use the 'Share File' or 'Share Public Link' option in Acrobat Reader for iOS?
- What is the exact file name?
- Would you check the file name before you send email from Acrobat Reader for iOS?
- What is the email app that is used to open the email attachment? Which platform (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android)?
Yes. Your test was right.
I used Adobe app and when I would send a flat pdf, I would use Gmail app
4.0 and the change would happen. But if I use the apple mail app to send
the file does not change.
I also get the same result (the file name change), when I do the following using Dropbox.
- Upload S#105234.pdf to Dropbox.
- Open S#105234.pdf in the Dropbox app on an iPad.
- Tap the Share icon.
- Tap Open In...
- Select Gmail.
- Make sure that the file name is still S#105234.pdf.
- Tap the send button to send the email to yourself.
- Open the email attachment in Apple Mail on iPad
On the receiving end (Apple Mail), the file name has been changed to S%23105234.pdf.
The above steps do not involve Acrobat Reader for iOS. What's common is the Gmail app.