1 Reply Latest reply on May 27, 2015 9:58 AM by A.T. Romano

Performed latest upgrade to Premiere Elements 13 and now when I close the software the program abends. I can reload elements again with no problem but bombs off when closing. I opened some DVD files into a new project, 1 of the files had no sound but vide

larrys1647

Performed latest upgrade to Premiere Elements 13 and now when I close the software the program abends. I can reload elements again with no problem but bombs off when closing. I opened some DVD files a DVD created when I copied a VHS tape to DVD) into a new project, 1 of the files had no sound but video was OK. Then several files opened in project just fine. Then a file opened in project which I know was just over 17 minutes - only 4:34 seconds would run as I played the imported file within the project. The time on the file was the 4:34. Needless to say - not happy. I'm not sure if the bomb on close has anything to do with files not getting into project or not as the update said it was for RAW file. I've used elements for years and never any problems - now this. Could someone please help? I still had Elements 10 installed on my PC after I upgrade to version 13 and I created a project in v10, opened all the files as the v13 project - the 1 that had no sound was now both sound and video. The file that was shortened was still shortened. Thank you for any help you may give me!!

• 1. Re: Performed latest upgrade to Premiere Elements 13 and now when I close the software the program abends. I can reload elements again with no problem but bombs off when closing. I opened some DVD files into a new project, 1 of the files had no sound but
          A.T. Romano Level 7

larrys1647

What computer operating system is involved in your Premiere Elements 10 and 13 experiences. Did you do all amount of significant work in 13 successfully before you updated to 13.1? There have been a few reports of 13.1 not working property after the update from 13.

Classically, you cannot open a project file from a later version in an earlier version. So, I am not understanding what you did related to

I created a project in v10, opened all the files as the v13 project

Nonetheless, I think that the first thing that we need to do is the assure the integrity of the Premiere Elements 13 instead.

1. Uninstall Premiere Elements 13/13.1 which you now have installed.

2. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaning parts) to get rid of leftovers from incomplete uninstalls/reinstalls)

If Windows  CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

If Mac  CCleaner - Download

3. Reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

4. Work with the program as is at this point until you are convinced that the problems before the uninstall routine no longer exist.

Do not download and install 13.1 until you are convinced 13 works for your video projects.

I am assuming that you have gone through the typical drills

1. Does problem exist with or without antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements?

3. Are you running the programs as administrator?

4. Do your Premiere Elements issues exist only with the use of DVD video files as source media? Have you ever seen these current issues when DVD video files were not involved? From what I am understanding, with these DVD video files, some were OK while others were not. Were the "were nots" from the same DVD disc?

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR