• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Icons on iPad and iPhone requirements updated by App Store?

Explorer ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Some icons marked as required or recommended (see the link below. Icons for Universal Apps) are not available to embed from AIR 18 SDK.

Technical Q&A QA1686: App Icons on iPad and iPhone

Examples:

180x180 Icon-60@3x.png - Is not in the list of AIR publisher for Flash Pro.

120x120 Icon-60@2x.png - 120x120 is in the list, but it is not sitting in IPA file with required name.

Has Apple updated its requirements, or it works somehow different way and I shouldn't worry?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two you mentioned are optional, so no worries for now. But, there's an ongoing request that AIR should allow any set of icons, though doing that might require editing some settings so that the right named icon is created in the IPA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's great when there's no worries. )

On that link I provided Icon-60@2x.png is marked as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Pro already accepts 120x120 icons, so Icon-60@2x is covered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know Colin. I mentioned it earlier:

"120x120 Icon-60@2x.png - 120x120 is in the list, but it is not sitting in IPA file with required name."

Ill make it more clear - I renamed the IPA file to RAR and looked inside. There is 120x120 png file, but it's name is Icon-Iphone-120.png and not Icon-60@2x.png.

Anyway I just now uploaded freshly packed (AIR 18 beta) IPA to TestFlight without problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines