4 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2015 11:05 PM by DennisAlan

My Lightroom 4 displays only one music track for slideshow.

DennisAlan

I want to use several music tracks for a slideshow. Lightroom 4 only allows me one track. Do I need to upgrade to 6?

• 1. Re: My Lightroom 4 displays only one music track for slideshow.
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

Yes.

or- Use a sound editor like Audacity to combine two tracks for longer music time.

• 2. Re: My Lightroom 4 displays only one music track for slideshow.
            DennisAlan Level 1

I used Audacity to make the too short music file (1:54) to about 2:35. Thank you for the tip. I selected the new longer file to play as the soundtrack. It plays but IT LOOPS repeating the music for the next slides where it does not belong. I want it to play only once.

• 3. Re: My Lightroom 4 displays only one music track for slideshow.
              wobertc Adobe Community Professional

So  2.35 minutes of music is enough for about 22 images (about 7 seconds per image). If you are using many more images then the music track is still not long enough.

I have forgotton how LR5 (I have LR6 installed) controls its music track, but the looping may be expected. The answer would be to construct a music track that lasts the full length of your slideshow (based on the time you wasnt each on screen). Audacity can insert silence into an audio track where needed. When you have sufficient music for the 'Time' of the slideshow there is an option to "Fit to Music" that alters the slides duration so that the music track ends with the last slide. You will have to get creative with the audio editing.

I use Verbatim DVD-R disks and have never had a problem. For computer playback I create mp4 files.

• 4. Re: My Lightroom 4 displays only one music track for slideshow.
                DennisAlan Level 1

Thanks. I was confused about how to get Audacity to add more music tracks to my short bit.

My show was also waaaaay too long at 118 images. The encoding seemed to take overnight.

Agreed about Verbatim disks. One online source said Verbatim disks are 95% reliable.

Except for the photo editing, I was doing every step of this project for the first time (always a steep learning curve) and under time pressure to get it done for a conference.