• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC is a mistake

Explorer ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the most TERRIBLE software Adobe has made. It gets stuck so many times. We can't even chose to not view the edit PDF options after Acrobat DC starts. The editing of documents menu is not only bad to operate, it is also faulty. I wish i could uninstall Acrobat DC and install Acrobat Reader XI again. This software is not an update of Reader XI, it makes me feel that I have gone 5 years behind time! I can barely see the new thumbnail icon of Acrobat DC PDF files on my desktop. I wish I could undo Acrobat DC from my laptop but sadly Adobe doesn't have Acrobat Reader XI in their downloads list!

PDFs are such important documents and they become uncomfortable to use with Acrobat DC. I might as well use some other PDF reader software for reading and editing PDFs. I tried the option of Help-Repair installation. But in vain.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

To reiterate what try67 already said, no version of Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat Reader could ever edit like you were doing. You would have had the full version of Acrobat. I know, the names are a bit confusing....

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gaurav Udavant wrote:

This software is not an update of Reader XI...

You are right: it is not.  Despite the similarity in name Acrobat Reader (free) and Acrobat Pro (paid) are two different programs.  Also, installing Acrobat Pro DC will not uninstall Adobe Reader XI.  It may change the default file association, but that can easily be changed back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Creative Cloud has automatically uninstalled Adobe Reader XI to replace with Acrobat Pro DC. I tried to change the open with options but my laptop doesn't have Adobe Reader XI now. When I search in Google to download Acrobat Reader, the link directs me to Acrobat Pro DC installer. I hate Adobe Reader Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My work computer recently had to be completely reworked and I had no choice but to install Acrobat DC. I've tried everything to make the InDesign-created PDFs look good, but the type looks HORRIBLE even when the screen view is enlarged. We send drafts of our documents company-wide, so I'm just waiting for complaints about readability. What were the creators of this version thinking? Help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current complaint:

I have a document to complete that has some things set up as fields and some things just as typed blanks.  Probably because it recognizes it as containing a fillable form, DC won't give me typewriter options on the pages that have only blanks.  Consequence?  I have to fill out the rest by hand?

I got around this by sending the whole thing to a PDF printer.  Once I open the "printed" PDF in Reader DC, I can use the typewriter and other tools everywhere.

This looks to me like a poor design decision.  If there's a way to switch modes, it wasn't apparent when I ran into this problem last night.

Has anyone seen a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't anything Adobe. I have a paid subscription of all the costly softwares Adobe has and I get the worst PDF reader from the ones who made PDF documents famous! I just want Adobe Reader XI back on my laptop..that is that and problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again: installing Acrobat Pro DC (manually, or via Creative Cloud) does not uninstall Adobe Reader XI.

Reader XI may have updated to Acrobat Reader DC, but that is completely independent of the Acrobat installation.

If you don't like Reader DC, you can uninstall it, then download & install Reader XI from http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ - I suggest that you disable the auto update feature to prevent another upgrade to Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! thanks pwillener!..hope Adobe does the undo button for Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2015 May 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually many people would be happy if they did that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Im getting frustrated now.

First I could edit my pdf without any pirated software (using the original Adobe document reader). But since the Pro DC update has come I cannot edit a single document. When I try to edit using Adobe Reader XI, it forwards me to a link to download Adobe Reader DC, when I use Adobe Reader DC to edit my PDF the same way I used to, I cannot rotate or replace pages like I used to a few months ago using the original Adobe software. When I use Adobe Reader Pro DC to edit my documents; the documents get spoilt even more which is ofcourse not the result I want. For example If I rotate a page in my PDF document it goes from landscape to portrait mode but the actual image of the page gets cropped into the portrait scale! So I can see only half the original image of the page.

Adobe I Request you to Kindly, Please Do Something about the recent update of Adobe Reader. Kindly live upto your esteemed reputation which you had only for Adobe Reader!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No version of Reader could edit PDF files in such a way. It sounds like you were using Acrobat before and are now using Reader.

If you still have Acrobat installed on your computer (which you should, since installing Reader does not uninstall Acrobat) then you can still open the files in Acrobat and edit them, just like before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes yes I meant Adobe Acrobat Reader DC when I said Adobe Reader DC..was jus using a short form..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reiterate what try67 already said, no version of Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat Reader could ever edit like you were doing. You would have had the full version of Acrobat. I know, the names are a bit confusing....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know now. I am sure about this. I was using Adobe Acrobat XI Pro to rotate and replace images when I did not update my current version of Adobe for PDF use.

When I try to download it using the Adobe site it tells me to enter the serial number. But when I click on the link it goes to account info and edit page. When go to the Adobe Acrobat XI Pro download site. I cannot download it as it shows buy it for 20 euros using the students and education pack. Even if we have logged in, I really dont know why Adobe refuses to remember that we have the subscription to download the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need a serial number to download anything.

You don't need to pay anything to download any Acrobat version.

What exactly are you trying to download?  Start at https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Do you have a serial number or a subscription for Acrobat XI or Acrobat DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mode you should be using in Acrobat Pro DC is actually "Organise Pages" for rotating pages from portrait to landscape or vice versa.

It took me a while to work that out, but it works well and there is no problem with the image getting cropped or cut off.

I don't know why they have the Rotate Feature in Edit mode, as it is useless as far as I can see and only confuses users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this link takes you to a DC download option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. Adobe Reader XI and earlier does no longer have access to any of the Document Cloud features: see https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-5891

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making design errors is not arrogance. Not listening to users complaints about what they do not like for the next version is arrogance. There were many complaints about Reader and Acrobat XI. DC was Adobe's attempt to address complaints. I don't like the new UI. I didn't like the XI interface as well, but I preferred it to that of DC. I preferred the interface in 9 and X. But if Adobe didn't try to change things we would be still at version 1.

Adobe is following a flat design trend that first became big with Microsoft's software, then adopted by Apple and now Adobe. You can have flat design and not have the software we have. Hopefully, the next version will make things better, but recent trends are make me wary. But they way to let them know how you feel and what you want is to write Adobe. Here is a link:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input to this discussion, MichaelKazlow!

I've gotten so terribly weary of fighting with this software.  I'm not a business, just someone who thought PDFs were the way to go in sharing the artwork of my great grandaunt.  I created a lot of them with MS Publisher and they turned out lovely.  Unfortunately, they need to be stitched together for the enjoyment of the view.  I thought Adobe Acrobat must be the answer. 

I so appreciate the link you posted because finding someone to air my frustration to has been nearly impossible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a user of Publisher even though I have access (no Office joke intended) to it. As a DTP I would think that Publisher should allow you to stitch the files together. I have use FrameMaker, InDesign and depending upon what you created, it might be possible to stitch them together in Illustrator or Photoshop. On a Mac, I have stitched PDF single pages onto one page in Mac Word.

If you didn't want them on one page, but were talking about a multipage pdf file, I apologize. Please know that Adobe does make older versions of Adobe Reader for users to use. If there is a particular version you wish to use let me know and I can post a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichaelKazlow wrote:

On a Mac, I have stitched PDF single pages onto one page in Mac Word…

That's a terrible way to edit PDFs on a Mac.  Much better is the Preview app.  It's already installed on every Mac, and lets you combine PDFs, add and remove pages, and even re-arrange the page order. It also has annotation/markup tools.  It's not as full-featured as Acrobat Pro, but I know a lot of people who have stopped using Acrobat Pro on Mac now that Preview has all these features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview also corrupts PDF form fields in various ways, just by opening them... That's a nice extra feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen that bug in years, and I use Preview for most of my PDF work.

At this point, I mostly only use the Distiller feature of Pro to create PDFs.

Even though macOS has a built-in save-to-PDF feature, the PDF files it creates are huge compared to Distiller.  Fortunately, macOS also has a built-in print to PostScript feature, which I use with Distiller to create any PDF I intend to mail or store long-term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeanette Brantley wrote:

... sharing the artwork of my great grandaunt.  I created a lot of them with MS Publisher and they turned out lovely.  Unfortunately, they need to be stitched together for the enjoyment of the view.  I thought Adobe Acrobat must be the answer.

Jeanette,

maybe you are going about this the wrong way - or let's say not the most optimal way?  Are these "artworks" scanned images?  If so, Photoshop may be the answer; it's easy to stitch image parts together, then publish the result as PDF.

I also do not know MS Publisher; so I don't know how this software comes into play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines