• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have an older version of photoshop, CS2, and a new iMac @ 10.9.5 I would like to install my old CS2 on my new iMac but it won't install. Any suggestions...?

New Here ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an older photoshop CS2 and want to install in on my new iMac operating @ 10.9.5.  Can it be done..? I tried but it won't install.. any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Geoffrey Pagen wrote:

I have an older photoshop CS2 and want to install in on my new iMac operating @ 10.9.5.  Can it be done..?

No.

CS2 only runs on Macs with the following specs:

• Mac OS X v.10.2.8–v.10.3.8. PowerPC® G4 or G5 processor

Modern Intel-based Macs running OS X 10.7 or later (such as yours) cannot run CS2.

Your options:

1. Buy a new full version of CS6 for Mac (no discounts available from CS2)
  2. Join the Cloud
  3. Buy Photoshop Elements 13

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geoffrey,

Even if you have not used up both activations, you will need to use the link provided above for activation since the original activation server has been discontinued.

Adobe has disabled the activation server for CS2 products. These products were released more than seven years ago and do not run on many modern operating systems. Customers who legitimately purchased CS2 and need to maintain their current use of these products may use the serial numbers provided during the download.

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Geoffrey Pagen wrote:

I have an older photoshop CS2 and want to install in on my new iMac operating @ 10.9.5.  Can it be done..?

No.

CS2 only runs on Macs with the following specs:

• Mac OS X v.10.2.8–v.10.3.8. PowerPC® G4 or G5 processor

Modern Intel-based Macs running OS X 10.7 or later (such as yours) cannot run CS2.

Your options:

1. Buy a new full version of CS6 for Mac (no discounts available from CS2)
  2. Join the Cloud
  3. Buy Photoshop Elements 13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines