4 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2015 6:07 AM by GEM7600

Photoshop CC and LR CC Quit Working

GEM7600

Every time I have to reboot my computer to complete an update or deal with some quarantined items, Ps CC and LR CC won't work. I have to uninstall them both and then download and reinstall them again. They work fine until the next time a reboot is required and then they don't. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software three times and it doesn't make any difference. Ps CC and LR CC are the only software that exhibits this problem. My none CC Ps and LR have no problems at all after a reboot nor do any of my other applications.

The error message I receive is "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item." I have tried running the programs directly from the exe file in Program Files, but I get the same error message. I am the only user of the computer and the administrator.

I called Adobe Tech Support, but all they wanted to do was reinstall the software again for a fourth time. Three times is enough attempts at that fix!

There is no point in paying for Creative Cloud if I have to uninstall and reinstall the software every few days. I sure hope someone has an answer for me.