Tried installing both previous versions - same thing. Download only goes so far before getting hung up.
Send the picture where it stops with 3.0
Also please try with 2.0 and let me know what happens ?
It might take quite a while, try to wait 10 mins and let me know.
You must have administrator privileges to complete these steps
- Do one of the following, depending on your version of Windows:
- Choose Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs And Features.
Select Adobe Digital Editions, and then click the option to remove or uninstall the program.
Then apply following stpes,
Restart your computer and download and install Adobe Digital Editions using below link
- Choose Start > Run.
- In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
- In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:
- Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
- In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
Thank you! That worked - I was able to install version 3 (but not 4).
I tried to download an ebook, but couldn't so I restarted the computer. Tried again, but ADE stopped responding while trying to authorize my device (it's a Kobo aura - brand new out of the box). Any idea what I need to do next?
So, I deleted that ADEPT key again, and was able to authorize my computer, but now I can't download books b/c Adobe goes unresponsive.
I hate Windows 8 with a passion usually reserved for people who abuse animals.