4 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2015 11:06 AM by razvanl34904489

slow workflow

razvanl34904489

I have a problem, when i open on my new iMac 5k 3.5 i5 16gb ram 2tb graphics several images, like..100 photos when i open i have to wait for every photo to process until i see it really sharp and clear, anybody has this problem? my question is if i can downgrade from camera raw 9.0 to 8.5 maybe will be faster:) thank you.

• 1. Re: slow workflow
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

It's just the nature of the (digital) beast, especially if they're RAW files. You can try adjusting the Camera Raw cache. (Ctrl (Cmd on Mac) + K to get there with Camera Raw active.) It might not be as much as a benefit depending on use, though.

• 2. Re: slow workflow
            razvanl34904489 Level 1

Hello! thank you, do you thins that if i will use some thunderbolt connections with a ssd drive where i will locate photos that i'm working on, it will be faster faster? have a nice day

• 3. Re: slow workflow
              Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

Well...where you might see an improvement is using an SSD as a scratch disk/cache...but even then it's pretty much negligible compared to RAM, CPU or GPU upgrades (in that order). RAM is the biggest denominator (and you have a lot). Opening a file and/or applications would certainly be faster but rendering the RAW file is an entirely different matter.

• 4. Re: slow workflow
                razvanl34904489 Level 1

In past i had an windows sistem with 2,4 quad core and 2 sad one for sistem and another for what photos i m editing, it was pretty fast..for 8 gb ram:) that's why i'm a little disapointed after i received my imac...it is very good configuration..but i thing fusion drive it's not enough for my work flow:) after i was worked on SSD:D