6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2006 11:09 AM by

3D Chrome Library problems

Here's my scenario. It's probably really simple but i'm quite new to Director and 3D with the Chrome Library.

This is a test piece which preceeds my next assignment for University.

Using Director MX 2004 v10.1 and the latest Chrome Library from this website.

I have a simple 3DSMAX phone model with a body, a screen, three buttons and a bounding box surrounding the screen and body, their names in max are phoneBody, screen, button01, button02, button03 and boundingBox respectively.

I added my 3d sprite to the screen and turned dts off and background transparency on. I add a change camera chrome library behaviour to the sprite to change to "frontCamera" (there are three cameras, frontCamera, leftCamera and perspectiveCamera). I left cut and constant speed unchecked the default interpolation value.

I then added a "3D Rollover Model UI" to the sprite and the settings are as follows, Model : Button01, Display hand : yes, no highlight, added to W3D sprite 1 as its the only 3D sprite on the stage and in the movie, added to behaviour 6 (this is definitely correct!), mouse event #press and handlerCall : beginSprite() (also tried beginSprite(). with a full stop after!).

When i try and run the movie the change camera behaviour starts automatically and pans to the frontCamera view. When i click on the button that the UI event was added to i get this error "Script error: Value out of range pCamera = pMember.camera(pCamera) -2147219496"

Any help that anyone could give in discovering the reasoning behind all this heartache will be incredibly appreciated. Student on a deadline here. Please help!!

Thanks

Steve
        • 1. Re: 3D Chrome Library problems
          Level 7
          Hello,

Drop me a zip file with your project at: info AT sigiscarinc DOT com

I will check your problem.

Best regards,
          Karl Sigiscar.

"Urbley04" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
          e2o0j5$kng$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Here's my scenario. It's probably really simple but i'm quite new to
          > Director
          > and 3D with the Chrome Library.
          >
          > This is a test piece which preceeds my next assignment for University.
          >
          > Using Director MX 2004 v10.1 and the latest Chrome Library from this
          > website.
          >
          > I have a simple 3DSMAX phone model with a body, a screen, three buttons
          > and a
          > bounding box surrounding the screen and body, their names in max are
          > phoneBody,
          > screen, button01, button02, button03 and boundingBox respectively.
          >
          > I added my 3d sprite to the screen and turned dts off and background
          > transparency on. I add a change camera chrome library behaviour to the
          > sprite
          > to change to "frontCamera" (there are three cameras, frontCamera,
          > leftCamera
          > and perspectiveCamera). I left cut and constant speed unchecked the
          > default
          > interpolation value.
          >
          > I then added a "3D Rollover Model UI" to the sprite and the settings are
          > as
          > follows, Model : Button01, Display hand : yes, no highlight, added to W3D
          > sprite 1 as its the only 3D sprite on the stage and in the movie, added to
          > behaviour 6 (this is definitely correct!), mouse event #press and
          > handlerCall :
          > beginSprite() (also tried beginSprite(). with a full stop after!).
          >
          > When i try and run the movie the change camera behaviour starts
          > automatically
          > and pans to the frontCamera view. When i click on the button that the UI
          > event
          > was added to i get this error "Script error: Value out of range pCamera =
          > pMember.camera(pCamera) -2147219496"
          >
          > Any help that anyone could give in discovering the reasoning behind all
          > this
          > heartache will be incredibly appreciated. Student on a deadline here.
          > Please
          > help!!
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Steve
          >

• 2. Re: 3D Chrome Library problems
            Level 7
            Hello,

The reason why your project does not work is that you used Chrome Lib
            behaviors with behaviors from the standard 3D library. Chrome Lib behaviors
            have been designed to interact with each other and with your custom
            behaviors, but not with the action behaviors of the standard library as they
            require additional trigger behaviors.

If you wish, you may use the same action behavior: Drag Model to Rotate
            behavior from the standard library. Then, instead of using 3D Rollover Model
            UI to trigger it, use the Mouse Left trigger behavior from the standard
            library.

Another option is to use the Chrome Lib Overlay Slider UI behavior with the
            Model Transform behavior using the setXRotation(angle), setYRotation(angle)
            or setZRotation(angle) handlers.

Best regards,
            Karl Sigiscar.

• 3. Re: 3D Chrome Library problems
              I used drag model to rotate with left click mouse event from standard library, didnt work. Tried change camera with 3d rollover model ui from chrome. didnt work. effects where! change camera initiated as soon as movie played, and button threw up a script error "Script error: Value out of range pCamera = pMember.camera(pCamera) -2147219496". drag model and left click just did nothing. Hope its more clear this time.

Thanks

Steve
              • 4. Re: 3D Chrome Library problems
                someone must know what's going on!! if someone could even do a quick step by step off the top of their head how they would use the change camera with 3d rollover model ui functions from the chrome library i would probably be able to sort this out myself. Here's what I did again, dragged Change Camera behaviour onto my 3D sprite and set it to change to frontCamera. No cut, default interpolation and no constant speed. Dragged the 3D Rollover Model UI to the 3D sprite. no highlights, displays hand cursor, behaviour number 1 (definitely correct in this case i'm trying with at the minute!!) definitely the correct W3D Sprite as its the only one on the stage and handler call set to beginSprite()

Please!!! anyone!!! Getting desperate now!!

Thanks to anyone who has a minute for me.

Steve
                • 5. Re: 3D Chrome Library problems
                  Level 7
                  Hello Stephen,

I have sent you the solution.

Study the .dir (no code, just behaviors, the same version as yours)

I have deleted all the behavior instances in your test.dir but those
                  concerning Attach Model.

Then I assigned the Drag Model To Rotate and Mouse Left behaviors from the
                  standard library (group name: Phone).

I then assigned the Change Camera behavior and assigned also three instances
                  of the 3D Rollover Model UI behavior, one for each button, each time with a
                  different parameter value corresponding to the name of a camera in your W3D.

Cheers,
                  Karl.

• 6. Re: 3D Chrome Library problems
                    You have restored my faith in Director and indeed with your undoubtedly excellent package, the Chrome Library!! I don't like getting beat by things and am so glad you could afford a few minutes to tutor me that little bit that will hopefully open the door to a beautiful new 3-Dimensional world! Right i'm done ranting!!! It's coursework time. Never be able to thank you enough Mr. Sigiscar

Steve