4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2007 1:12 PM by kglad

ENTER key

uxk8396
      Hi,
      I am making use of the ENTER key from my keyboard after typing the answer, and the score is obtained.
      I referenced the "input text : insert_txt" and referenced the "Var: answer"

I dont undertand why the code is not working, when I press the ENTER key.
      Thanks
      U
        • 1. Re: ENTER key
          ggshow Level 2
          your script is working, try publish your swf and run the swf, instead of testing movie from flash.

Because when you test movie from flash, your flash run in debug mode where ENTER key means "play".
          • 2. Re: ENTER key
            kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            or, in the test environment, click control/disable keyboard shortcuts.
            • 3. ENTER key
              uxk8396 Level 1
              Hi,
              I tried both ways:
              I published the movie and ran the swf and I disabled the keys (control) in Flash, but still I did not get any score in the
              score box. Whre I should be possibly going wrong? I double checked the instance names and var of the input field, dynamic field boxes. Please advise how you got it working right.

Else, I would like to try a second option but I am not sure where to incorporate myScore =+25 and insert_txt.text="lascaux"
              Kindly help.
              • 4. Re: ENTER key
                kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                there's nothing wrong with your code, but there's also nothing about myScore and nothing about a textfield.

why don't you add the code you want to your checkKey() and/or releaseKey() functions?