• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Errors when opening a RH project.

New Here ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open a project that was created with an older version of RH.  The .xpj is dated 2011.  When I try to open it, the following three things happen:

• A dialog box appears with the option to upgrade the project to my current version of RH (11.0.3.268) I click the Upgrade button.
  • A second dialog box appears with the following message: An error occurred while trying to read data from <C:\Users\jbruce\Desktop\Publish\rhfontset.apj> <1>. I click OK.
  • A third dialog box appears with the message: Your project file, C:\Users\jbruce\Desktop\Publish\eHelp.cpd, is corrupt and connot be opened.  Try Deleting this file and reopening the project.  I delete the .cpd file and click OK.
  • A fourth dialog box appears with the message: Open project cancelled or the application was unable to load database for "C:\Users\jbruce\Desktop\Publish\eHelp.cpd".

I've been tasked with updating the eHelp and would really like to be able to open this project instead of trying to copy/import the content into a new project.  Is there a way I can resolve these errors and open the old project?  I'm on Windows 7 Enterprise (Service Pack 1).

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Likely all you will need to do is clobber the .cpd file. RoboHelp can actually do that for you. So before you try and open the project again, click Tools > Options from RoboHelp. Then from the General section, enable the option to clear the CPD. Dismiss the dialog and try again.

tmp1.png

Note that once you successfully open the project, you might want to re-visit this section and turn the feature off.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks sir.  I tried that and it had no effect.  I'm still getting the same dialog boxes (errors) in the same sequence.  I also read somewhere about repairing the .cpd in Microsoft Access.  I tried that and it also had no effect.

I sure hope this project file can be recovered...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I finally just removed the rhfontset.apj file from the folder and it worked!!!  I can now open the old project in RH.  RH appears to have added a new rhfontset.apj to the folder during the upgrade process.  I don't know if this is a major problem, but it appears to be working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp