7 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2015 7:32 AM by A.T. Romano

installation premiere elements 13 failed

coach4itdesktop

Installation Premiere Elements 13 failed!

Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DF024 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s)

----------- Payload: Adobe Premiere Elements 13(64 bit) 13.0.0.0 {E76173BC-DC9A-49C3-9B9F-FD7814FC3308} -----------

ERROR: DF024: Unable to move file at "F:\adobeTemp\{E76173BC-DC9A-49C3-9B9F-FD7814FC3308}\_12734_416cde95844aaa450a1fdd0116adf 932" to "F:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 13\System\Premiere.fon" Error 32 Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.(Seq 12080)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 1. Re: installation premiere elements 13 failed
          A.T. Romano Level 7

coach4itdesktop

On what computer operating system are you trying to install Premiere Elements 13?

What are you using for the install - download installation files from Adobe or other or installation disc from box packaging from an authorized reseller?

Are you installing to the default location on the Local Disk C?

Are you doing the install as Administrator and with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: installation premiere elements 13 failed
            coach4itdesktop Level 1

Thanks for your answer

My operating System is Windows 8.1

I install disk box packaging from an authorized reseller

I installing not in the Default Location disk C but in the disc F:\program files

greetings from Austria/tirol

Bertram

• 3. Re: installation premiere elements 13 failed
              coach4itdesktop Level 1

Thanks for you answer!

My operating system is Windows 8.1

I try do install premiere elements 13 from a disc in a box from an authorized reseller.

I do not install in the default location C: / i want to install on f:/program files/ adobe

My install-user is administrator and i disabled my norton antivirus and the norton firewall when i try to install premiere elements 13

Lg. Bertram (Mobil)

Am 28.05.2015 um 20:50 schrieb A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

installation premiere elements 13 failed

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

coach4itdesktop

On what computer operating system are you trying to install Premiere Elements 13?

What are you using for the install - download installation files from Adobe or other or installation disc from box packaging from an authorized reseller?

Are you installing to the default location on the Local Disk C?

Are you doing the install as Administrator and with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7588285#7588285 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7588285#7588285

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 4. Re: installation premiere elements 13 failed
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Bertram

Thank you for the reply.

Although some would write that the user can install the program files to other than Local Disk C, often there are problems (installation and otherwise) if you do not install to the Local Disk C. And, there are program files that will install to a location by default beyond your control.

In the situation that you describe...I would uninstall the program, do a free ccleaner run through to get rid of leftovers from incomplete uninstalls/reinstalls, and reinstall the program to the default location on Local Disk C (with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.)

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Also, consider the Scratch Disks locations and the amount of free space at those locations.

Please see Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks....these can be pointed to an external hard drive with lots of space if hard drive space is an issue.

Working with scratch disks

Please review and consider, and let us know if the program files to the Local Disc C resolved any of the issues that you reported.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: installation premiere elements 13 failed
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Bertram

I did not see your post 3 until after I had commented in post 4.

I understand now what you want to do, but it may not be possible.

What is your drive situation at this time that is forcing your to consider Drive F instead of the Local Disk C for install of your Premiere Elements program files?

ATR

• 6. Re: installation premiere elements 13 failed
                    coach4itdesktop Level 1

Thank ou for your help.

The insstallation on the local disk c: (Default location) has helped!

Love greetings from Austria/Tyrol

Bertram

• 7. Re: installation premiere elements 13 failed
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Bertram

Thanks for the update.

Glad that the Local Disc C location  for your Premiere Elements project files helped your installation issue. Thank you for looking at that suggestion.

Although some write that Premiere Elements program files can be installed at location other than on Local Disk C, doing otherwise can lead to before and after installation problems. I am not sure if there is anything to be gained from looking for ways to overcome the errors associated with the program files installation to your F Drive.

Great job on the follow through to success.

Best wishes

ATR