3 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2015 12:55 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I trim my actual TIMELINE itself in Premiere Elements, not the media on the timeline?

murphygal

There is too much of the timeline in the end of my movie. I only want the film to be 20 min, but it exports as 1h 29 min. What do I do? Very grateful for any help.

• 1. Re: How do I trim my actual TIMELINE itself in Premiere Elements, not the media on the timeline?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

murphygal

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Please explain the 9 minutes difference?

I believe this is what might be happening....and answer may be related to debris on the Timeline track beyond where you believe the Timeline content to end.

1. Open to the Expert workspace and expand the Timeline with the -+ slider about the Timeline. Make sure all the Timeline tracks (audio and video) are in the open configuration.

2. Press the End key of the computer keyboard to move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the track content. The Timeline Indicator should stop at the 20 minutes mark.

3. In your case, I suspect that the Timeline Indicator will stop at 29 minutes. Explore the 29 minutes area for leftovers from clips

a. those that you moved out of the way during the workflow and forgot to delete them

b. fragments, may present as very thin black vertical lines

The leftovers need to be deleted. After the deletions, make sure that the Timeline Indicator stops at the real end of the Timeline content (20 minutes mark).

Please review and consider, supply more information. Any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I trim my actual TIMELINE itself in Premiere Elements, not the media on the timeline?
            murphygal Level 1

Thank you kindly for your reply! Problem solved.There was a tiny, tiny fraction of a clip still att the far right that I hadn´t seen, even when looking closely. After deleting it, I could now eport my movie as 20 min. Many thanks again. /Anna

• 3. Re: How do I trim my actual TIMELINE itself in Premiere Elements, not the media on the timeline?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

murphygal

Wonderful news. And, great job in finding and deleting those fragments. You did very well.

Best wishes moving forward with your Premiere Elements workflows.

ATR