7 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2015 11:31 AM by A.T. Romano

screen refresh bug in premiere elements 13

highlandeco

Hi,

I have just installed Premiere Elements 13. When I drag the window containing the program, it leaves a trail of multiple "ghost images" and the screen does not refresh to the desktop. I'm running a Lenovo E20 Workstation, Intel Xeon Quad Core 2.4 GHz, 8Gb RAM, Nvidia Quadro 2000 Video Card with 1 Gb VRAM, 1Tb HDD, Dual 24" monitors, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. All drivers up to date,

Anyone had similar problems? Any suggestions? Thanks

• 1. Re: screen refresh bug in premiere elements 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

highlandeco

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 64 bit

Have you updated 13 to the 13.1 Update yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates. If not, please do that.

What does your Windows 7 computer use for theme - one of the high contrast ones or other?

What exactly are you dragging and in what maneuver? I am not clear on "....I drag the window containing the program".

Are you getting the ghost images within an opened project? If so, would it be possible to capture that in a jpeg screenshot that you post in a reply in your thread?

If not, we will continue the troubleshooting in written communication format.

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: screen refresh bug in premiere elements 13
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This is a well-known bug in recent Windows versions of Premiere Elements, Jim. Adobe is aware of it and hopefully they will soon address it.

• 3. Re: screen refresh bug in premiere elements 13
              highlandeco Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have updated to 13.1. By "window" I mean that I am run each program in a window that is less than full screen so that I can drag programs between my two monitors.

• 4. Re: screen refresh bug in premiere elements 13
                highlandeco Level 1

Thanks Steve.

I wonder why, if Adobe are aware of it, they don't post it on their help pages to stop people like me bombarding them with support requests

I have a chat request in but just keep getting a "We're busy just now" response. Hey-Ho!

• 5. Re: screen refresh bug in premiere elements 13
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

highlandeco

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 64 bit

Thanks for the reply with additional details of your situation.

I have not run into this well known issue in my own work or in threads on dual monitor issues written my others in recent and not so recent 13 threads. Nonetheless, today I will do a search in that regard. I will take a deeper look at what you are describing. The major problem that I have seen with the Premiere Elements dual monitor feature is failure to remember the dual monitor workspace setup when a saved closed project is reopened.

At this point I would ask

a. Do you see this ghosting only dragging the Timeline panel from monitor to monitor or can you see this if you are moving others, such as Audio Mixer? Is the ghosting when dragging between monitors typically for the same thing being moved?

b. What about that Windows 7 theme - high contrast or other?

c. Is Premiere Elements the only program on your computer to have this dual monitor issue?

d. Does your video card/graphics card specifications include dual monitor use? Did the two monitors come from Lenovo with the computer? What type of monitor computer connection?

From what I have seen, the Adobe support appears to be limited to online Adobe Chat and often further limited to Chat Activation and Chat Orders. The frequency of the Adobe presence in this forum is undefined. But, from time to time, it does post with helpful insider information. So, I would pursue trying to contact online Adobe Chat to get its perspective on this matter.

We will be looking forward to your progress.

ATR

• 6. Re: screen refresh bug in premiere elements 13
                    highlandeco Level 1

Hi ATR.

The window I am referring to is the whole windows "window", not a panel within Premiere.

The theme is an Aero theme called "United Kingdom" containing UK scenery. It is part of Windows 7.

All other programs work fine with the dual monitors.

Both monitors are Lenovo. Native resolution 1920 x 1200.

The video card is certified for use in Lenovo E20 workstation.

Monitors are connected via the two Displayport connectors on the Quadro 2000

Regards,

Jim.

• 7. Re: screen refresh bug in premiere elements 13
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Jim

Thanks for the reply with details.

My prior comments were focused on Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and Window Menu/Dual Monitor Workspace choice.

I now see what you are doing...

a. no Window Menu/Dual Monitor Workspace

b. just downsizing the program window and moving it to the other monitor

I have tried HDMI connection between second monitor and computer whose display is for Extend.

And, I am having no problem moving the downsized whole Premiere Elements 13/13.1 window from one monitor to the other.

I am working with a Lenovo laptop, HDMI connection, and computer monitor size about 15 inches, native resolution 1366 x 768, and Intel HD Graphics.

You have said that your monitors are native resolution 1920 x 1200.

There were known issues with Premiere Elements in use with monitors with native resolution 1920 x 1200 and higher and menu font size.

Huge Menu font size on Premiere Elements 13 and Organizer 13, how to configure ?

Please review the details in that, along with PRE_help comments.

I do not believe that these 1920 x 1200 font issues have been addressed yet in 13.1. I thought that they might have been. I will have to go back to find the recent contributions of PRE_help in the threads here. Just guessing at this point...matter may go to the scaling that you are doing to the window being moved and the way the DPI based scaling is taking place in terms of desktop resolution.

We will be looking forward to your progress. Please let us know if any of the comments are relevant to your situation.

Thanks.

ATR