2 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2015 5:41 AM by dellae88574761

Help with reinstalling PS when you don't have a former serial number of previous product

dellae88574761

Can anyone Help with reinstalling PS when you don't have a former serial number of previous product? Shocked I've been on NO HELP adobe phone support for 3 hours without a pick up on my call...

• 1. Re: Help with reinstalling PS when you don't have a former serial number of previous product
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If this involves an older version you would likely be turned away from phone support and possibly from chat support as well.  It is probably the start of the weekend where the phone help resides, so that could explain your wait... they might be back come Sunday evening US time... same with the chat help.

If the older version was registered it might be available thru your adobe account online.

Try chat support when they are available - or the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat option...
          Make sure you are logged in to the Adobe site, have cookies enabled, clear your cookie cache.  If it fails to connect try using a different browser.

Serial number and activation chat support (non-CC)
          http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service1.html ( http://adobe.ly/1aYjbSC )

• 2. Re: Help with reinstalling PS when you don't have a former serial number of previous product
            dellae88574761 Level 1

Thank you Ned, insightful thoughts here that make sense.  This is an older version, CS3. I was able to navigate to my products in my Adobe account and find my former products with the serial numbers. I thought I had hit the jackpot after many hours into this and a splitting headache.  I am no longer a fan nor can I advocate Adobe or it's products due to their lack of support.  Sad for them as I instruct Photography for Ai with an entire new generation of Photographers that may not be purchasing Adobe products with this new knowledge. 

One would believe that one of the former 4 serial numbers to products purchased would work for the product to be re installed, matching that of what was listed in the drop down not the case.  After more hours into this, I downloaded a trial.  As it didn't make sense to repurchase what I've already bought.  Any further insight or help you can offer on how to would be greatly appreciated.  And if Adobe monitors these forums - Adobe please check in! As you have obviously checked out...

I'll try the link you've shared here for chat, however 2 attempts were made to chat yesterday without response from Adobe. Thanks again for the tips!