3 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2015 7:54 PM by A.T. Romano

Premier Elements clip as Web site intro

SteveH59 Level 1

Hello

I am hoping to edit a short clip in PE11 whose final result will be about 10 seconds long. The aim is to use this short clip as the introduction to the home page of a Web site with the same theme. That Web site will be created in ASP.NET (Microsoft's Visual Studio).

As I see it, the most challenging aspect will be in the transition from a video file format to an ASPX file format (an HTML file saved as an ASPX file).

Is that at all feasible and, if so, how is it best done?

Thank you.

Steve

• 1. Re: Premier Elements clip as Web site intro
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve

All you do in Premiere Elements is create the video and export it to a file which you will upload to your web site.

I would look first at a wmv export from Premiere Elements. Depending on the file size .mp4 might be a choice.

Once the file is exported from Premiere Elements and saved to the computer hard drive, the details are on the Microsoft side of things. Lots of online articles on ASP.NET with lots of expertise.

Have you seen the following online article

video uploading and how to play video | The ASP.NET Forums

Please review and consider and let us know if the article helped or led you to a place whose users can better help you on the Microsoft side of things.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier Elements clip as Web site intro
            SteveH59 Level 1

Hello ATR

Thanks for your reply.

Those links seem to refer to how to upload a video from an aspx page.

In my case, I would FTP the WMV or MP4 clip directly to the server. The video would already be sitting on the server when the Web page loads.

One or two of the links in the ASP.NET forum, which the link your kindly provided points to, indicate that using the Page_Init event in the Web page code, which is the first thing that happens when an ASP.NET page is executed, could be what I am looking for. As you suggest, I should pursue this further in the ASP.NET forums.

I had better get posting there!

Once again, you have been very helpful.

Thank you.

Steve

• 3. Re: Premier Elements clip as Web site intro
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve

Many thanks for the reply and the follow up information.

Hope that ASP.NET forums has the key information to move you forward in you work.

Please let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR