16 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2015 5:41 PM by Cristen

LR 5.7.1, becomes LR CC?

johnocrawford Level 1

LR 5.7.1, said it was time to update, followed the link and now have LR CC.  Is this what was intended?  Has the Photography Program morphed to CC, or is this the result of installing CC mobile?

• 1. Re: LR 5.7.1, becomes LR CC?
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can serialize to convert CC to LR6 stand alone. Or use free as a CC 30 day trial and upgrade to stand-alone. No further installation required.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/serialize-lightroom-cc-trial-to-activate-as-lightroom -6.html

If you prefer go here and ignore the cloud.

You can buy from the following link. After clicking "Buy" change from Full to Upgrade; then select your existing LR product from the drop-down menu and the correct pricing will be displayed. Then simply choose “Add to Cart”

https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/software._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_softwar e_sl_mostpopular.html

• 2. Re: LR 5.7.1, becomes LR CC?
            johnocrawford Level 1

Don't think this applies.  I have a current Photoshop Photography Plan monthly subscription.  There was no suggestion that I was updating to a CC trail, it just the normal update stuff.  Also, I don't get the "XX days Remaining!"  messages.

Do you think it would say somewhere if it's trial?

• 3. Re: LR 5.7.1, becomes LR CC?
              99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Launch Creative Cloud. Go to the Apps tab for updates. Otherwise you will get confirmation your apps are up to date.

• 4. Re: LR 5.7.1, becomes LR CC?
                johnocrawford Level 1

Thanks. Finally found the CC desktop Icon.  It opens CC, the Apps tab says 'Up to Date" next to Lightroom CC, no "trial' or similar message.

• 5. Re: LR 5.7.1, becomes LR CC?
                  Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Then you should also see Lightroom 5.x.x in that same CC desktop app list of installed programs. That is if you installed Lightroom 5 from your photographer subscription plan or if you updated your stand alone version of LR 5 after you subscribed and installed the CC desktop app.

CC desktop Window.PNG

I never installed LR 5 from the CC app. I purchased it as a stand alone program long before I started my Photographers plan subscription. But I did do updates to LR 5 after my subscription started and then the CC desktop app always listed LR 5 as installed and Up To Date.

Lightroom CC/6 is a completely new version. It does not replace Lightroom 5.x.x. It is installed all by itself. So if you look in your Applications folder, on a Mac, or the start menu, Windows, you should see a listing for both Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 (something) and another that is named Adobe Lightroom (no Photoshop in front of it).

• 6. Re: LR 5.7.1, becomes LR CC?
                    johnocrawford Level 1

I'm not sure exactly how your reply applies to the question.

My question:  Do you think the update for LR 5.7.1 get 'misdirected' to a trial of LR CC, which will expire, or is this the same as LR 6.0 under my subscription.

I see LR 4.0 and LR CC under "Apps' in CC, and I have a directory under 'Program Files' for both LR 5.7 and 'Lightroom'  (no revision) that has the LR CC version in it.

• 7. Re: LR 5.7.1, becomes LR CC?

johnocrawford wrote:

I'm not sure exactly how your reply applies to the question.

My question:  Do you think the update for LR 5.7.1 get 'misdirected' to a trial of LR CC, which will expire, or is this the same as LR 6.0 under my subscription.

I see LR 4.0 and LR CC under "Apps' in CC, and I have a directory under 'Program Files' for both LR 5.7 and 'Lightroom'  (no revision) that has the LR CC version in it.

Did you mean to type LR 5 instead of LR 4.0?

The UpDate for LR 5 to LR 5.7.1 should not of installed LR CC/6 on your system. LR CC/6 is an UpGrade not an update. Since you are a subscriber it may have redirected you to the LR CC program instead of the LR 5.7.1 update, Not sure, Don't know. To get that update, if you really want it (I don't see the point now that you have LR CC/6 installed), go to this link and download the LR 5.7.1 update.

Product updates

If you initially did not go to that Products Update site for the LR 5.7.1 update, which Adobe has made incredibly hard to find, you more than likely got directed to the main Adobe page where the only thing Adobe offers is the CC subscription plans, except at the bottom of that page in small text. From that main page almost every link takes you to the CC version of all Adobe programs.

Since you are a Valid, Active, Adobe CC photographers plan subscriber what got installed is the Full Version of LR CC/6, not a Trial. It will not expire unless you stop your subscription, stop paying the monthly fee, at some point. And even if you do stop paying the monthly fee LR CC will continue to work minus the develop module and maybe some other parts. It will still open and give you access to the image files you have imported to LR.

• 8. Re: LR 5.7.1, becomes LR CC?
                        johnocrawford Level 1

As this goes on, the replies seem to be getting further and further from the original post.  I'm going to stop here.  the Question has not been answered.

• 9. Re: LR 5.7.1, becomes LR CC?
                          johnocrawford Level 1

As this goes on, the replies seem to be getting further and further from the original post.  I'm going to stop here.  the Question has not been answered.

• 10. Re: LR 5.7.1, becomes LR CC?
                            John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I thought the question had been answered earlier in the thread.

As I understand it, you've now got Lightroom CC installed (not a trial) as part of your Cloud membership.

• 11. Re: LR 5.7.1, becomes LR CC?
                              Cristen Adobe Community Professional

Hi John,

> I see LR 4.0 and LR CC under "Apps' in CC, and I have a directory under 'Program Files' for both LR 5.7 and 'Lightroom'  (no revision) that has the LR CC version in it. >

If you see Lightroom (2015) in the Adobe Creative Cloud app once you open it, and you see Adobe Lightoom on your hard drive and it launches normally, offered to update your catalog, etc.,  you should be fine. We're just surprised that it seems to have removed Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 from your drive. Again, in the Adobe Creative Cloud application, LR 5 should show up somewhere below all the installed apps letting you reinstall it. That's what should happen. We all know what should happen doesn't always, and moving Lightroom into the Cloud has not been without some surprises.

I can't swear to you that it's not put you in trial mode. It usually tells you how many days left when you re-launch and its in Trial mode, though. Plus, as long as your subscription is up to date, you're certainly entitled to the non-trial version of LR CC.

If you're feeling really uncomfortable with these answers, you might try asking over in the Creative Cloud forum as well. I still have LR 5 installed, and that's what usually should happen when you move up a version through the Creative Cloud app. Something may have gone wrong for you. I'm afraid I don't have a clue what.

Adobe Creative Cloud

• 12. Re: LR 5.7.1, becomes LR CC?

johnocrawford wrote:

Well I'm sorry you feel your questions haven't been answered. I'm pretty sure they have.

Original Questions

Q 1:

LR 5.7.1, said it was time to update, followed the link and now have LR CC. Is this what was intended?

As the last version of Lightroom 5 is 5.7.1 I would say Yes it was intended.

Q 2:

Has the Photography Program morphed to CC, or is this the result of installing CC mobile?

The Photographers Plan, Photoshop and Lightroom bundled together for one price, was always part of the Creative Cloud (CC) subscription model.

But I guess you could say Lightroom has morphed into the Creative Cloud version. As even if you buy the stand alone version of LR (Actually called LR 6 and no CC) to register it you have to sign in with an Adobe ID, an email address and password, that isn't associated with a Creative Cloud subscription. And it dies not include LR Mobile.

LR Mobile is part of LR CC. It has nothing to do with installing Lightroom Mobile on either an Android or Apple I OS device.

• 13. Re: LR 5.7.1, becomes LR CC?
                                  johnocrawford Level 1

Christen-

I'm feeling "...really uncomfortable..." that something I bought and paid for from Adobe might randomly stop working in a week while I'm on field assignment, leavening me no way (without a network or phone connection) to do my work and earn a living.  I don't want to go to another forum where more users with partial knowledge of Adobe products and procedures will offer more unfounded speculation.

For example, you say:. ".. I can swear to you..." so you feel you should give information that you expect people to rely on based on things you're not sure of? 

I want Adobe to use some of there profit to have a knowledgeable support staff available to answer questions in a timely manner.  So far the answers I've received here are verifiably incorrect for my situation.  I want Adobe to pay employees to support correct knowledgeable answers.

• 14. Re: LR 5.7.1, becomes LR CC?
                                    johnocrawford Level 1

Shootistbond007:

> "Well I'm sorry you feel your questions haven't been answered. I'm pretty sure they have."  Well, As the one asking the questions, I can guarantee they have not.:

> "...last version of Lightroom 5 is 5.7.1 I would say Yes it was intended.. "  You would say?  But you don't seem to KNOW.  You're being wrong could cost me money.  Can you provide a reference to some Adobe information confirming what you say?  Unless you can, as the one asking the question, I'm going to assume what you've said is unfounded speculation.  So, I'll just assume the question is unanswered.

Why would I doubt what you say is correct?  Because what you've told me is verifiably wrong.  For example, in your 5/30 reply at 1:46 , you say "Lightroom CC/6 is a completely new version. It does not replace Lightroom 5.x.x."  On my machine it did.  LR 5.7.1, right there on my hard drive, is no longer usable- it sops booting and asks for a S/N and if I want to buy it. There was no redirection or anything else, so I doubt the validity of your 'facts' about getting redirected to CC and being on a trial.

Also you say "It has nothing to do with installing Lightroom Mobile on either an Android or Apple I OS device "  Do you have a reference on the adobe site for this information?

• 15. Re: LR 5.7.1, becomes LR CC?

Once Adobe comes out with a new version of any of their software they stop support, No new Updates, for the previous versions.

The only time this hasn't happened is with PS CS6. Adobe actually allowed users of PS CS6 update the Camera Raw plugin to the version included with PS CC. CS6 started with ACR 7 and then when ACR 8 came out CS6 users could update to it.

• 16. Re: LR 5.7.1, becomes LR CC?
                                        Cristen Adobe Community Professional

> I want Adobe to use some of there profit to have a knowledgeable support staff available to answer questions in a timely manner.  >

I'm sorry. These are U2U forums—that is, user support forums. We help each other—often by directing people to areas where others have the expertise—but we are not Adobe employees. Some staff are around each of the forums, but your subscription is not about the features found in Lightroom and how to use them. Your issue is with your subscription, so I directed you to those who know more about subscriptions, including users who have made it their interest to know the issues, and the Adobe staff responsible for it. Your issue can thus go "up the chain" in a more directed fashion. Or you can avail yourself of the Customer  Support your account allows by going to adobe.com and clicking on the Menu and choosing Learn and Support, then Contact Support, then Start Here. And possibly Adobe Staff here might see this, which it appears was what you expected.

Contact Customer Care

>  so you feel you should give information that you expect people to rely on based on things you're not sure of? >

Actually, I prefer to get directed by people who don't claim to know something that I then rely upon, when they don't actually know it. I do apologize, however, for stepping in to redirect you since I'm not the expert you were seeking.