9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2015 5:45 PM by A.T. Romano

4k Videos Adobe premiere elements 11

sebastiank92375233 Level 1

Hi

I have 4k camera and was hoping i can trim some videos in adobe premiere elements 11 but it doesnt seems to be able to save such format.

I am talking about publish and share / computer . Is there an option supporting 4k ?

• 1. Re: 4k Videos Adobe premiere elements 11
          whsprague Level 4

I had 11 when I got a 4K Panasonic LX100.  It didn't seem to work very well.  Although Adobe does not seem to highlight or emphasize 4K capability in their specifications or marketing comunications, 4K support is built in to the current version 13.  The project preset process works and the 4K output rendering is under Publish&Share > Computer > XAVC-S

Bill

• 2. Re: 4k Videos Adobe premiere elements 11
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The 4K format that Premiere Elements works with is XAVC. It can import and export XAVC, an MP4 format.

Is that the workflow you're working with?

• 3. Re: 4k Videos Adobe premiere elements 11
              A.T. Romano Level 7

sebastiank

You are dealing with Premiere Elements 11, not 13, from what I have read.

You are working with Premiere Elements 11 which does not come with project preset or export settings for 4K video sizing

In Premiere Elements 12 and 13, Adobe introduces import and export for 4K video sizing 3840 x 2160 in the QFHD project presets and in the XAVC-S export settings.

Depending on computer resources, you should be able to import a 4K video (H.264.mp4 3840 x 2160) into a Premiere Elements 11 1920 x 1080p project, but you are not going to be able to export it as 3840 x 2160 even under Advanced Button of the export settings (Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD and a 1920 x 1080p Advanced Settings). You should be able to export the 3840 x 2180 from 11 as AVCHD.mp4 1920 x 1080p. You could always check that out if it looks like it might be of interest and the results meet your expectations in your specific computer environment with Premiere Elements and your specific footage.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: 4k Videos Adobe premiere elements 11

Hi Thanks for the info.

I bought Elements 13 today and i am able now to export 4K videos which it was what i was looking for.

One question is why elements 13 has only 4k export to file extension MP4? i would expect it to also have the same for WMV format

I appreciate if you can tell me if any updates will follow up more file extensions capabilities.

• 5. Re: 4k Videos Adobe premiere elements 11
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

sebastiank

Thanks for the follow up.

Glad that you found the answers that you sought in moving from Premiere Elements 11 to 13.

We are not Adobe here. Rather user to user. I have no insider information on Adobe plans for updates to the current version and overall plans for next version.

In Premiere Elements 13, you can go under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of Publish+Share/Computer/Windows Media to set for a Windows Media Video 9.wmv file 3840 x 2160 with highest bitrate (VBR) of 10000 kbps (10 Mbps). I am not sure of the quality. You might be interested in giving it a try. I looked at possible export setting without the video on the Timeline. If there is a chain link in the box to the right of the Width and Height fields, click on it to remove it so that you can enter your Width and Height information. I have not tried this to get a ".wmv 4K sized export".

aaaaaaaaaaaaa.JPG

ATR

• 6. Re: 4k Videos Adobe premiere elements 11

Alright that is very handy thanks very much for info.

I was also hoping when saving from 4K to still image i will receive 8 MP picture but there seems to be no option.

Or is there advance setting for saving still pictures as well?

Thanks for your help :]

• 7. Re: 4k Videos Adobe premiere elements 11
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

sebastiank

Thanks for the follow up reply.

Are you saying that you want a 3840 x 2160 freeze frame from your Timeline 4K video? Can do.

Example - Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit....

1. Project Preset = NTSC AVCHD QFHD 16x9 29.97

2. Expert workspace - 4K video (3840 x 2160) on Timeline and Timeline Indicator at frame wanted for freeze frame.

3. Publish+Share

Computer

Image (scroll down to see using thin scroll by to right of choices)

Presets = JPEG HD 1920 x 1080.

Then under the Advanced Button of that preset, change to Frame Width 3840 and Frame Height 2160

(if a chain link in box to right of width and height fields, click on chain link to remove it so that you can type in your 3840 x 2160.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: 4k Videos Adobe premiere elements 11
                        whsprague Level 4

My pr

sebastiank92375233 wrote:

I was also hoping when saving from 4K to still image i will receive 8 MP picture but there seems to be no option.

I prefer the other way where you click on Tools and select Freeze Frame.

• 9. Re: 4k Videos Adobe premiere elements 11
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

sebastiank

In case you need a detailed overview of frame from video capture in Premiere Elements, please consider

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Freeze Frames, Single or More Than One at a Time

which is applicable to 13 as well.

Thanks.

ATR