• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hello... just asked this but not sure it posted... new laptop, no cd/dvd drive, need to install my cs6 design standard... have serial # and product code but the only download link i found was a bit slow (14 days and counting - upward - when it timed out,

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2015 May 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello... just asked this but not sure it posted... new laptop, no cd/dvd drive, need to install my cs6 design standard... have serial # and product code but the only download link i found was a bit slow (14 days and counting - upward - when it timed out, haha)... hoping someone can help, please, and thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 30, 2015 May 30, 2015

You can try with below steps if you wish :

1)Clear Temp folder .

2) Close all Applications running .

3)Close all webistes opened on browser .

4)Disable Firewall temporarily.

5)Open only Adobe website as it is safe and secured website free from all kind of threats.

6)Then try to download CS 6 Design Standard and check.

Note :  While the Firewall is turned Off . do not open any applications , files or even other websites.

Or if you think it is still very slow and Do not wish to Disable Firewall  , You can

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-downloads.html

You can also download the trial version of the software thru the page linked below and then use your current serial number to activate it.

Be sure to follow the steps outlined in the Note: Very Important Instructions section on the download pages at this site and have cookies enabled in your browser or else the download will not work properly.

CS6: http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, trying that now... a day or so, this download says... which is an improvement over 14ish! maybe the files'll get smaller as it goes and it'll get quicker...? or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will have to try again tomorrow unless you or anybody has more words of wisdom... and please do ask whatever else i need to explain, if so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you tried downloading by disabling Anti-Virus and Firewall temporarily ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, i didn't... doing that is scary! maybe i'm paranoid? have had nasty painful virus death before n this is a beautiful new irreplaceable (in more ways than one) laptop upon which an awful lot depends!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.

Are you using Wireless/ Wifi Internet connection or Ethernet Wired Internet connection ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wireless... digicel, bit glitchy but glad to have it... can plug into the modem but nothing's actually hardwired... i may have answered that crookedly but hope i answered

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, AM plugged in to the modem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you connected the computer with Ethernet wired connection now ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Internet connection is good and if you are experiencing slow speed .

Please refer below link :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/why-internet-connection-slow#why-internet-connection-slow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try with below steps if you wish :

1)Clear Temp folder .

2) Close all Applications running .

3)Close all webistes opened on browser .

4)Disable Firewall temporarily.

5)Open only Adobe website as it is safe and secured website free from all kind of threats.

6)Then try to download CS 6 Design Standard and check.

Note :  While the Firewall is turned Off . do not open any applications , files or even other websites.

Or if you think it is still very slow and Do not wish to Disable Firewall  , You can try with 3'rd party download managers   like : Internet Download Manager which is more efficient than browser built in downloader .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, sorry was gone (insert weather, wonky internet, and ackee poisoning)... yes about the ethernet question...  and, well, it's slow because i'm in Jamaica, but i'm happy to have it at all, and it'll work out somehow, and i'll send you some weather... today, bit better, back to trying your advice, and thank you very much for it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and power on and off! okay, trying again... now using internet download manager, and yes plugged the cable in... getting a message that says i don't have permission to download form the server (used the link you sent above to download form)... that wasn't coming up before!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

downloaded and installed... thank you! give yourself a hug and have a lovely day... bless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting error message as Access Denied??

If yes follow below steps:

First click on  below link and simply keep the Photoshop Elements download page open,

Do not close and click on anything on page , just keep it open in browser.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/photoshop-elements-10-11-downloads.html

Then use the below links to download CS 6 ,[ same links provided by Ned earlier ].

Download CS6 products

or

Download Adobe CS6 Trials: Direct Links (no Assistant or Manager) | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did at one point there... but it's good now! done, and thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seriously, you have no idea how much difference your bit of time and help made... if you're ever in Jamaica, look me up... will make you great lunch and give you a tour of beautiful places and whatnot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you . I was happy that I was able to assist you .

I'd love to visit Jamaica once , beautiful country, big fan of Chris Gayle will meet him lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do with the Adobe servers. That's an issue on your end, but since you haven't provided any useful technical details like system info, nobody can even begin to advise.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

new hp pavilion 8gb 64 bit windows 8... um... what else would help? sorry, i know just enough to get myself into trouble and not quite enough to get out 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines