6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2015 11:02 PM by Rajashree Bhattacharya

I need customer service help with terminating a portion of a Creative Cloud Team account

RSDancey

My company is downsizing. We have 10 team members on Creative Cloud and I need to have 5 of those accounts terminated.  I tried to go through the normal termination process and reached a dead end - the Termination Team would not allow me to end those 5 accounts without paying a very steep termination fee.  Our company is in a crash program to reduce expenses and we don't want to pay this fee.

We have been using Creative Cloud since it's inception and our account is more than a year old.  I want to keep 5 of our Team accounts active and remain a paying customer. I think it's very unfair to charge a termination fee in this situation.  I want to remain a loyal Adobe customer and I love the product but the termination fee is just too large to pay.

Can someone from Adobe Customer Service please help me?

• 1. Re: I need customer service help with terminating a portion of a Creative Cloud Team account
          Atul_Saini Adobe Employee

Ryan, kindly try to Contact Customer Care to get the subscription cancelled.

Please check: Cancel your membership or subscription | Creative Cloud

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I need customer service help with terminating a portion of a Creative Cloud Team account
            RSDancey Level 1

Atul_Saini, I really need to speak with someone with the power to waive the early termination fee.  Is there ANYONE you can route me to who can make that decision?  I followed up with the Customer Service team, they transferred me to the CC team, and they set up a call with the cancellation team, whom I've already spoken with and got stonewalled by.

• 3. Re: I need customer service help with terminating a portion of a Creative Cloud Team account
              RSDancey Level 1

Atul_Saini, this is the a copy of the letter I sent to as many contact points as I could think of at Adobe today. I am hoping that you can read it and see that we need a reasonable exception made in our case.

June 6, 2015

To:  Whom It May Concern

I am writing this letter in the hope that you, or someone you can forward this letter to, can provide assistance in resolving a dispute with Adobe regarding Creative Cloud licensing termination fees.

In 2012 we were very early adopters of the Creative Cloud system. We love using and working with Adobe products and when Creative Cloud was first made available we jumped at the chance to pay a monthly licensing fee. At that time, Adobe did not offer any kind of group or company product for Creative Cloud and we had to begin with individual accounts.

I set up my first Creative Cloud account in May of 2012. In 2012 and 2013 we created accounts for 9 of our employees as individual accounts.

In January of 2014 after Adobe rolled out Creative Cloud for Teams I converted our individual accounts to a single Team Account under the team name Goblinworks. This represented an increase in our monthly licensing fees since the individual accounts were less expensive than the Team account but I wanted to consolidate everything into a Team account to make our financial analysis easier.

I had a very difficult time making this transition and required several discussions with the Adobe team to get the accounts moved to the Team account. Getting the individual accounts moved to the Team account required the intercession of the customer service team and several rounds of emails regarding duplicate bills.  Eventually it was all sorted out and we ended up with the correct configuration – a single Team account with all our users on it billed monthly.  My records indicate this was completed on January 24, 2014 and that we had finally resolved the billing issues by February of 2014.

In October 2014 I added one additional seat to our Creative Cloud Team, taking us up to 10 seats total.

Today’s Situation

My company is downsizing and cannot afford to pay for all 10 seats of our Team subscription. I want to cancel 5 of those accounts. I have been referred (twice) to the Cancellation Team, and both times I have talked to them they have told me that they cannot waive the approximately $1,800 cancellation fee.

I believe this is extremely unfair. We fulfilled the original 1-year term of our Creative Cloud Team license in January of 2015. The term auto-renewed for another 1-year term at that time without any option being given to us to pay on a month-to-month basis.

We have been excellent customers of Adobe and continue to love and use the products. Our company is hurting and we need relief from this termination fee.

To reiterate:  No matter what your records say, we have never asked for a termination of our service for any accounts since the inception of the Creative Cloud program. We converted individual accounts to a Team Account – a process that increased our monthly Adobe bill. We have never before sought relief for any financial transaction with Adobe.

What I want is to have 5 licenses from our Creative Cloud Team Goblinworks terminated without paying the termination fee.

Please, I am asking for help as a valued and long-term early adopting customer for what seems like a very reasonable request. Can you help me?  Can you route this letter to someone who might be able to help?  Please do not ask me to talk to the Termination Team again – they are utterly unwilling to make an exception or even let me plead my case to any person with authority to waive the fee.

I am sending this letter to as many points of contact at Adobe as I can find, hoping to reach someone with the capability to help resolve this matter to my satisfaction. 

I can be reached via email at rsdancey@gmail.com (this is also the email used for my Creative Cloud Team administrator account). I can be called at 206-550-8877 any time for a further discussion.

Very truly yours,

Ryan Dancey

CEO Goblinworks

• 4. Re: I need customer service help with terminating a portion of a Creative Cloud Team account
                Rajashree Bhattacharya Adobe Employee

Atul will be here shortly, I have send a request to assist you. Hopefully it will be responded, I shal keep you informed.

Regards

Rajshree

• 5. Re: I need customer service help with terminating a portion of a Creative Cloud Team account
                  Atul_Saini Adobe Employee

Ryan, we certainly understand that your experience with our support team hasn't  been good at all. We have checked the details of your case and we need some of your time to discuss the same.

Kindly respond to the Private Message that I have sent to you so that we can assist you appropriately.

Atul_Saini

• 6. Re: I need customer service help with terminating a portion of a Creative Cloud Team account
                    Rajashree Bhattacharya Adobe Employee

The issue was resolved by the CCT support, please let us know if any further assistance is required.

Regards

Rajashree