4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2015 10:10 AM by Simon G E Garrett

Tethering my nikon D800

amyz33439674

Lightroom 5 doesn't detect my camera.  I'm on a windows 8 machine and using the nikon issued usb cable.  Please help. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Tethering my nikon D800
          paoloc77375653

hi I have the same problem, but nothing answer...

Have you find anything? how do you resolve the problem?

I've just installed the ultimate version of lightroom CC (6), but nothing.

thank's

Paolo

• 2. Re: Tethering my nikon D800
            F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Make sure to have the the MTP/PTP transfer protocol selected in your camera.

• 3. Re: Tethering my nikon D800
              bogiesan Level 4

My Nikon D810 connects instantly.

Has your combination of Lightroom and Nikon camera ever worked for you?

• 4. Re: Tethering my nikon D800
                Simon G E Garrett Level 2

I found that my D800 wouldn't tether on one PC but would on another.  After a bit of Googling and comparing configurations, I found that a number of services need to be running for tethering to work:

• Windows Image Aquisition (WIA)
                • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
                • Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator      (this was manual, and not running)
                • RPC Endpoint Mapper
                • DCOM Service Process Launcher
                • Shell Hardware Detection]

Run the "Services" tool (fron Control Panel -> Administrative Tools, or maybe All Apps -> Windows Administrative Tools) and check that those services are not disabled or manual, and if so try setting them to automatic.

In my case, changing "Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator" from manual to automatic fixed the problem.