17 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2016 5:29 AM by bartb84992024

PS 2014 CC: Can't Start Remote Debugging for JS/HTML5 Extensions with Chrome

smallsketch Level 1

Hi,

I'm very new to extension building and Creative Cloud. After learning about the death of Configurator and Flash-based panels, I've decided to learn how to use JS/HTML5 for panel creation.

After launching my extension in Photoshop, I am unable to see or utilize the Chrome Debugger. I get the "Very sad face" error stating "This webpage is not available: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED".

I'm currently trying to make panels for Photoshop CC 2014 and remotely debug using Chrome. I've followed various tutorials, some utilizing Adobe Extension Builder 3 + Eclipse, others just building the file structure manually and placing in the correct directory (AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CEP\extensions).

Here is my system info:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2014.2.2 20141204.r.310 2014/12/04:23:59:59 CL 994532  x64

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit

This was the main tutorial I followed:
      A Short Guide to HTML5 Extensions | Adobe Developer Connection

Some notes about my process:

I am able to see and load the extension under Window>Extensions.

I have set the correct registry value to allow for debugging (PlayerDebugMode = 1) at HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/CSXS.4 and HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/CSXS.5
      I've created a .debug file using the command line: "copy con .debug" then "CTRL+Z"

I then put the following into that newly created file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ExtensionList>

<Extension Id="com.example.helloWorld">

<HostList>

<Host Name="PHXS" Port="9087"/>

</HostList>

</Extension>

</ExtensionList>

Please, if something in this process has changed for the current version of Photoshop CC 2014, which is preventing me from performing remote debugging, please let me know. Thanks!

Message was edited by: Melissa Rios