6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2015 5:53 AM by A.T. Romano

Downloading Online Content For Offline Use

abelch

Hello Community

Concerns Adobe Premiere Elements 12: full independence from the internet

Is there a way how I can download all supplementary content that comes along with my license at once from the server so that I always have the full functionality of the applications offline at my disposal on my computer while I am traveling off-road? Can anybody please give the necessary instructions how to achieve that (i.e. linked content to be downloaded such as music, title templates, etc.). The same applies to the online help: can that be downloaded from the server for offline by any chance at all?

I would be rather greatful for your help. Thank you all and regards /abel

• 1. Re: Downloading Online Content For Offline Use
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As I show you in my book, if you right-click on any of the downloadable effects, music or templates, you'll see the option to Download All. This downloads the entire set at once.

It's a big load though -- so I hope you've got a fast connection and a little time!

• 2. Re: Downloading Online Content For Offline Use
            A.T. Romano Level 7

abelch

As for online help, I would suggest you consider downloading the Premiere Elements 12 Help PDF and Elements Organizer 12 Help PDF.

Archive for Premiere Elements 12 Help PDF

and

Archive for Elements Organizer 12 Help PDF

Just in case note, if you uninstall/reinstall the program, I have found that the content that you downloaded to complete the content download class of material will be gone. I have suggested saving the "completed" Online Folder and using it to replace the "incomplete" Online Folder that presents at the time of the uninstall/reinstall.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: No Content Disc - Content Downloads from Adobe

Applies to 11, 12, and 13.

Another just in case note, I have found that when you are in one of the categories, one example Instant Movie, "Download All" applies to the themes under Instant Movie and does not include content download material in other categories such as Titles & Text, etc. - each of the categories needs the "Download All" if you want that category's options.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Downloading Online Content For Offline Use
              abelch Level 1

Hi Steve

Thank you for your reply. I will act accordingly.

Regards /abel

• 4. Re: Downloading Online Content For Offline Use
                abelch Level 1

Hi ATR

Thank you very much indeed for your help.

I already have the PDF file at my disposal (help PDF). And certainly, I will follow your helpful instructions, links and suggestions as they were mentioned in your post.

If I have correctly understood, I could even download the additional content on a PC "A" from which I could then transfer the dowloaded content (the "online folder" you talk about) to a PC "B" into the respective folder. Could that work? That would serve me best since I could thereby use a much faster internet connection (PC "A").

However, thank you again for your efforts and your help. Regards /abel.

• 5. Re: Downloading Online Content For Offline Use
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Yes, you can copy the downloaded folders from one PC to another -- as long as you copy them to the correct directory and you include the entirety of each download (which include a .txt file that indicates to the program that template has been downloaded).

• 6. Re: Downloading Online Content For Offline Use
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

abeich

In reply to your question that you asked me (post 4)

If I have Premiere Elements 11, 12, 13 on one Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit computer, I  have been able to transfer the Online Folder from there to another Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit computer so that I can use it to replace the Online Folder in computer 2's Premiere Elements 11, 12, or 13.

Best wishes

ATR