1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 1, 2015 9:36 AM by Joshua Cohen

I'm losing GB space!

lyndseyp16242848

I have a folder in Lightroom with wedding pictures from last weekend. In that folder I have a subfolder full of the edits. But every time I edit an image from the main folder and drag it to the sub folder I lose GB space. It hasn't always done this and I don't know how to make it stop. I also went to bed last night with 25.8gb space and woke up this morning with only 9.3gb space. I don't think I have anything syncing but I guess I do. I need help! Please!

• 1. Re: I'm losing GB space!
          Joshua Cohen Level 3

You'll have to answer many questions before I can hope to help you.

You wrote "I edit an image from the main folder and drag it to the sub folder". Do you do this in Lightroom or your OS? Why are you doing this. What are you hoping to accomplish? Are these exported images? Because otherwise your images do not have your edits and moving them outside of Lightroom will cause Lightroom to loose track of the image.

You wrote "I lose GB space". How are you measuring this GB space? In Lightroom or the OS?

You wrote "I also went to bed last night with 25.8gb space and woke up this morning with only 9.3gb space". This one this the head scratcher. Please explain this is more detail.

While we're at it what version of Lightroom are you using and what OS?