3 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2015 10:28 PM by Jeff Schewe

Lightroom 6 support for 30 bit color?

DvonB Level 1

Wondering if the latest Lightroom 6 will render 30 bit color? Photoshop does, and I'm hoping that with Open GL GPU support in Lightroom 6, that we finally have full 30 bit color support across both crucial softwares for photography.

Anyone?

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6 support for 30 bit color?
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

Nope...sorry. The only pipeline that supports 30-bit is on Windows and Photoshop. Not Lightroom.

• 2. Re: Lightroom 6 support for 30 bit color?
            DvonB Level 1

Thanks Jeff.

Windows, PS, & NEC PA27 I got. Quadro GPU is next and then at least I'll have 30 bit in Photoshop. Someday Lightroom.

BTW: Big fan since way back when in Phoenix at the Epson Print Academy in, I think, '07 or '08. I can't tell you how much your "Prep for CMYK" has helped me thru the years, not to mention Photokit Sharpener.

And 32 bit tiff processing for HDR (The Digital Negative) has been a real game changer: high dynamic range for landscape that's all it was intended to be with none of the bad side effects!

Thanks for everything.

DvB

www.dvbphotography.com

• 3. Re: Lightroom 6 support for 30 bit color?
              Jeff Schewe Level 5

DvonB wrote:

And 32 bit tiff processing for HDR (The Digital Negative) has been a real game changer: high dynamic range for landscape that's all it was intended to be with none of the bad side effects!

Thanks for everything.

Thanks for the kind words...BTW have you tried DNG HDR? Works pretty well for processing in LR CC/CS6.