1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 1, 2015 6:09 AM by A.T. Romano

Incompatible display driver with Windows 7?

richardinlondon

I was happily running Premiere Elements 11 on my HP laptop (dv6 6c59ea) running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Service Pack 1

For no reason that I can discern I am now getting a message on starting Elements that I have an “incompatible display driver” and should update for better and faster playback

As I have an Intel HD Graphics Family display card I used the Intel driver update utility to find a new driver - this told me the installed driver on my PC is a manufacturer’s one and I should not download an Intel driver so …

I went to the HP driver update website and after running their tool I downloaded and installed an AMD High Definition Graphics Driver sp55092.exe

After restarting the the computer and opening Elements I still get the same message and videos do not display in the main window.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this problem? Thank you.

• 1. Re: Incompatible display driver with Windows 7?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

richardinlondon

Often when the computer uses more than 1 video card/graphics card there can be problems with Premiere Elements running on it.

Could your cards' drivers have been updated automatically? If so, would a roll back to the prior driver version be a consideration?

However....

Since you say that your driver versions are up to date (and if you are not noting that the type of source media makes a difference), I would look at deleting the BadDrivers.txt file. The how to for that can be found for your version in the following link (includes making sure file path and file are not hidden as well as locating the BadDrivers.txt file to be deleted).

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: BadDrivers.Txt File Locations

We will be watching for your results.

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR